1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Zero posts

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Totomar, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totomar

Totomar New Member

I have just had a look at the complete list of members of the Leeds Forum.

I am amazed at how many have made no posts whatsoever.

Is there any point in registering if you don't post?

I have been reading this forum for ages now and only registered when I had something to say.

Maybe I am missing something.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Malky

Malky New Member

You haven’t missed anything, that’s the way it goes, I have just checked,7 members on line, 2 of them are Mods, I have seen it when there as been just me and one mod.

Why is that the case …………. Who knows but something is wrong.

4. stevej

stevej New Member

If you ban those who post the most and end up driving away the rest by your moderation then what do you expect??

5. Malky

Malky New Member

I don’t know if that was a response to my post ……….. if it was I am :icon_confused: as I am not a Mod.

6. nevben

nevben New Member

Are you referring to something that has actually happened in the past

7. Totomar

Totomar New Member

I was talking about the amount of people who have registered and never even bothered to post. Not the people who have been banned.

This opens another question. Why are people banned from a forum?

8. Malky

Malky New Member

How long have you got. :icon_smile:

9. halliclone

halliclone New Member

It is true that there is a higher than usual mod presence of late. Three mods is an unusualy high number for a forum with such low attendance. In the business world, the appointment of a new manager in an already crowded area generaly indicates the imminent replacement of an existing manager.:neutral:

10. stevej

stevej New Member

No it wasnt aimed at you my friend,just a general view of how it it.

11. stevej

stevej New Member

If this is done and the new team invite back all those who left or were banned AND apply sensible people instead then im sure the forum can grow and grow,I for one would invite friends to come to take a look.

12. halliclone

halliclone New Member

That is a little over simplified. You see, the original mods are part of the fabric of this forum and along with myself and several others have been the driving force that got this show on the road. Looking back sevaral months, this forum was buzzing and people were posting like crazy instead of sitting on the sidelines observing. As a fresh pair of eyes steve, you can probably see where the problem lies, though I don't think that removing anyone else, mod or otherwise is the answer.

13. stevej

stevej New Member

Have to disagree there,if those who run a firm say are making it bankrupt you change the team and try a new approach.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  14. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

i run a forum with 20000 members and only about 2000 post. hum i think i will delete the ones that don,t post.

15. Malky

Malky New Member

Only 2000 :eek:, it would be great if there were 200 regular contributors on here but its probably more like 20.

Oh well things can only get better …………. Cant they.

16. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

i will add some links on my forum to here, might help a little.

17. encounter

encounter New Member

Sad. Take a look at sheffield forum. You can do alot with a forum like this. Aswell people from Sheff forum and Leeds forum should be encouraged to mingle. We're only a max of 10 junctions apart on M1 :D

I mean how sad before someone starts getting paranoid and thinks I've aimed that at them ::hihi::

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  18. Malky

Malky New Member

I do try :icon_smile: , I don’t post on the local issues but see no reason why people from either forum cant get involved in “general disscusions”, I have even managed not to comment on Leeds football …….. which is probably wise as Sheffield football is in the mire.

19. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Me too Malky. I think it's good to have a bit of light hearted banter between the two cities, it's interesting to find out what is going on just up the road and draw comparisons. :icon_smile:

Edit: BTW, congratulations Grandad.Malky! :icon_smile:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  20. AndyS

AndyS New Member

Well I'm going to try and stop by a bit more, been working my little bottom off recently but hoping to put some more time into chit chat.

I must admit I've always been surprised how much busier Sheffield forum is (I was a member when I lived there a few years ago). When I saw that the same people took on this place I thought things would go in a similar direction.

21. stevej

stevej New Member

Wont happen until the managment team is removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.