1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Yowie/That **ing Tank + support @ Wharf Chambers!!

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by rachelhart, Aug 22, 2012.

1. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member

Yowie and support, 15th October at Wharf Chambers, Leeds!!!

Prog Rock Yowie are done mixing and mastering their new album so come and hear it at Wharf Chambers!! Damning with Faint Praise comes out on 9th October, Skin Graft Records. Here’s what Crackle Pop Journal say -

“An incomprehensible blend of tightly wound math rock composition, but played with ‘expressive’ guitars, making them sound more like blood brothers to bands like U.S. Maple or Arab On Radar rather than Don Caballero. Each song packs more composition than an entire album from most (bands)… I’ve heard the future of music and my ears are still bleeding.”

Also

That ****ing Tank - Experimental/Math Rock duo, Abbott plays a specially tuned baritone guitar through guitar and bass amplifiers, Islip plays a minimal drum kit. They’re touring their album TFT available now on Gringo Records.

Digger Barnes - is a Hamburg (Germany) based singer/songwriter, performer and bassplayer. His songs are influenced by Desert Rock and Americana, Digger’s album Every Story True is available now.

Etai Keshiki - Etai Keshiki n. (eh tie keh shee kee) 1. a display of character. Japanese, literally “nature scene” .

“Great Leeds No-Wave band. They rock hard.” - Ashtray Navigations
    “A frantic blast!” - Jumbo Records

First Band starts for definite at 7.30pm

Tickets at the door £5 waged/£4 unwaged.

Wharf Chambers is a members’ club and you need to be a member, or guest of a member, in order to attend. To join, please visit wharfchambers.org. Membership costs £1 and requires a minimum of 48 hours to take effect.

See wharfchambers.org for more information

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member

bump, bump, bump!

4. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member

This is a rare chance to see Yowie on their first ever European tour, don't miss it!!

5. Malky

Malky New Member

Masked swearing and bumping of posts ………….. go for it. :icon_lol:

6. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member

7. Malky

Malky New Member

Why do you think that is, its not for me to tell the Mods how to do their job but masked swearing in a thread title and then repeated throughout the thread. :nono:

8. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member

Perhaps my stealth tactics have beaten the system, a subversive use of the *** key...

9. Malky

Malky New Member

I don’t know what tactics they are but I have seen forum holidays handed out for less. :suspect:

I would have expected this at least < removed >

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  10. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member

I'm so lovely they wouldn't dare! Anyways, please come to the gig and bring a million friends

11. Malky

Malky New Member

I am too old for all that but at least we are bumping your thread to the top legitimately aren’t we. :icon_smile:

12. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member

You are never too old! I'm 93 for goodness sake

13. rachelhart

rachelhart New Member