1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Your 2016 top tips

Discussion in 'Music Chat' started by Agent_W, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

That "Sound of ..." list that the BBC produces is always a load of shite. What are you looking forward to, kids?

Hit us all up. Share hopes and dreams, but please don't shill your own band/your mates. Stuff that genuinely excites only, please. Stuff you care about and love. That sort of caring is way more infectious.

Go!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. eggle

eggle Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fred The Oyster
    The Della Grants (imo) are the most exciting young band on the blues circuit at the moment and are destined for bigger & better things - watch this space!!!!

4. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Can you remember the old forum, where we'd get shit loads of people just signing up and mentioning their band? Especially on threads like this...happy days.

I'm a bit out of the local scene these days, but over in York there's a lad called David Breslin. Singer songwriter. Absolutely beautiful songs. One of the nicest people you could ever meet. He's too shy to ever 'make it' but he is superb. I'd love to see him do well in 2016.

5. cavie

cavie Member

Where do bands get a start nowadays without the likes of Carpe, The Well, Cockpit &c? I know the Library do a local band night once a week but I can't think of anywhere else at the minute...

6. doc

doc Active Member

milo , bad apples ,

primrose , I've 2 Saturdays there in march and bobby is doing regular Fridays

7. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss

Cowl2 likes this.
  8. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    That's an even better band name than Bathtub Shitter.