1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

X marks the spot?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Derc, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Derc

Derc New Member

Is there a reason for the little red square with a white x in it, that appears in different places in different pages, when logged in to the forum? I've clicked on it and it dissapears.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

It's probably an image not loading properly, where do you see it, as I've never noticed it happening.

4. Derc

Derc New Member

I come to the forum via a bookmark in google, I then go to new posts or todays posts and there it is, no particular place, I might then go to log in and there it is again. It's about the same size as the + symbol in 'share this topic via:' ....

5. Derc

Derc New Member

The little red square with the white x in it seems to be connected to 'ads not by this site'

6. Derc

Derc New Member

I now find if I hover the cursor over a topic with the intention of reading it, it doesn't highlight the topic so will not open the topic until I click on the red square to get rid of it, then the topic can be opened, any ideas?

7. MrTempleDene

What browser are you using? and on what system?

e.g. Firefox on Windows XP or whatever.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  8. Derc

Derc New Member

I use windows 8 and google chrome but I think I've sussed the culprit, I installed '******* plus' a while back, in an attempt to reduce the amount of pop up ads. I've disabled it for when using the forum site and although it still shows, when gliding the cursor over posted topics, they now highlight and I'm able to open them, whereas they wouldn't before. I'll try this for a while and maybe get rid of ABP altogether.

9. Derc

Derc New Member

How strange, the 'culprit' doesn't like it's own name and has replaced it with asterisks,
    the letters deleted were 'a-d-b-l-o-c-k'

10. MrTempleDene

yes, not sure why the name of that software is on a delete list. It could cause problems though.

11. Derc

Derc New Member