1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Why isn't Leeds Forum more popular?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by mazda_g, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turkey-dinosaur

turkey-dinosaur New Member

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

4. climaxchick

climaxchick New Member

As much as I hate to even mention it's name, facebook has taken over the world. I'm not part of facebook as i hate the darn thing.... it will grow in time!

5. Malky

Malky New Member

Its well known that Sheffield has a reputation of being the largest “village” in the country and that is why Sheffield Forum thrives, gossip, banter and nosiness are all part of “village” life.

Perhaps Leeds is too big a “city” to support this type of a forum, perhaps they should lighten up a bit and get out more or at least “twitch those curtains” …….. come on lets have some lively debates.

6. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Don't encourage them or we'll become awash with "just heard a police car on X road, anyone know what's going on?" threads. :D

7. Malky

Malky New Member

Why is the helicopter up ?

Where can I buy ……….. ?

Is Meadowhall open today ?

Name a song starting with ?

Come on own up, you miss them all don’t you. :icon_lol:

8. olly12

olly12 New Member

I think it is a fab fourum,just ask a question and someone will get back to you ,also there is a lot of subjects on every agenda keep it going.:icon_smile::icon_smile:

9. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Don't forget "Are there any Car boots on this weekend?"

10. halliclone

halliclone New Member

And not forgetting "What is your favourite restaurant?" or "Recommend a Chinese takeaway"! :icon_lol::icon_wink:

11. climaxchick

climaxchick New Member

I'm loving it already! And the Sheffield forum is exactly as Malky describes above! Hilarious! That is something facebook can not provide!

12. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:icon_lol: I agree climaxchick, perhaps leeds forum is simply lacking a sense of humour? Sheffield forum has some great characters and somehow seems less stuffy for want of a better word.:icon_smile:

13. Malky

Malky New Member

Hello ……… please read the rules …………. Not exactly what you would call a “warm” welcome. :icon_lol:

14. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:hihi: Quite right Malky, where are my manners!? Perhaps I should have expressed my liking of cimaxchick's avatar.:icon_eek::icon_wink:

15. Malky

Malky New Member

I was commrnting on the idea of being “less stuffy” rather than on your posts, I have seen a number of welcomes where people have been told to read the rules ……. Not the most welcoming of introductions.

Anyway it was bound to happen sooner or latter ……………. Do I get a prize for holding the fort?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  16. Joe

Joe El Duderino

You get a prize for being up earliest on a Sunday morning :)

17. Malky

Malky New Member

Cheers :thumbs2:

12.38 and still only one member on line ……….. I take it people have a lay in on Sundays just up the road from us. :icon_lol:

Why isn't Leeds Forum more popular? :icon_confused:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2011
  18. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

the city centre was busy this morning, it's farmers market, i was out with many others on a photo walk....so many things to do in Leeds that we don't need to be online all the time.:hey:

19. Malky

Malky New Member

The Farmers must have been doing a roaring trade because this place was disserted.

Why isn't Leeds Forum more popular? ……………. Because they have farmers markets. :icon_surprised:

20. Joe

Joe El Duderino

And photowalks.

21. Malky

Malky New Member

I know we are making light of the Situation but I just don’t get it …………….. Did SF really take this long to catch on ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.