1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Why isn't Leeds Forum more popular?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by mazda_g, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazda_g

mazda_g New Member

I think sites such as this are great for local people and I really don't get why more people are not using this forum?

I'm a Sheffield resident and the Sheffield version of this site is so well used and for this reason is so so useful. As someone who visits Leeds alot and may in the future move to Leeds, I joined this site and I am surprised by how underused it is.

Is this a new venture? And how could it become more popular?

Please take a look at the sheffieldforum.co.uk just to compare user levels.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Re: Why isn't the Leeds Forum more popular?

Hello Mazda,

Leeds Forum has only been under the same ownership as Sheffield Forum since May so it hasn't really "grown wings" yet.

Also, Sheffield forum grew to its current user base of 100,000+ over the course of 7-8 years.

User numbers are growing steadily and there are also plans for a program of promotion for the forum.

4. mazda_g

mazda_g New Member

Thanks Joe - I'm a real fan of these types of sites and how useful they are for residents.

I hope this site becomes a popular well used site :)

5. DaFoot

DaFoot Member

Give it time. It will catch up so long as the people that have registered so far continue to post.

6. mazda_g

mazda_g New Member

I feel I have a social responsibility now - eek!

7. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Shoulder that responsibility and post on :icon_smile:

8. Malky

Malky New Member

Mazda g can I ask you what model you have if that’s where your name comes from.

9. horsforthonline

horsforthonline New Member

Driving people to a forum is quite difficult, especially at the start, but a bit of google adwords and social networking can work wonders...

10. DaFoot

DaFoot Member

Or just push your forum on other forums.... ;)

11. horsforthonline

horsforthonline New Member

either forums of websites of photos of pets.....eithers fine ;-)

12. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

theres no point pushing a forum on anyone people will only post where they want to
    i think if the existing members on here want the place to take off well start some interesting posts
    i can do the gen chat ones but i think it needs more leeds input
    just my opinion
    runs and hides lol

13. mazda_g

mazda_g New Member

Completely unrelated I'm afraid :icon_redface:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  14. Joe

Joe El Duderino

More Leeds input requires more Leeds members.

15. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

well go get em lol

16. Malky

Malky New Member

OK, I have an hairdressers car, Zoom Zoom

17. Joe

Joe El Duderino

In process of doing so :icon_smile:

18. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

what i actually ment was for the members already from leeds here to try and put some leeds stuff on i dont actually no what
    i meen i can get the local papers up and try but i dont actually no th area,s apart from seacroft lol
    im as interested in this place taking off because i seriously do want to find some old workmates

19. lolageorge

lolageorge New Member

i agree, im a member or sheffield forum for ages. thought i would check out leeds forum and its great. im shocked that leeds is such a buzzing city and its forum isnt as popular as sheffield. every one join..........its fun and interesting.

20. LS resident

LS resident Member

I've just discovered the existence of this Leeds forum today, I knew about the Sheffield one years ago and looked on in envy. Now we have our own. :)

21. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.