1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Why isn't it busy?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Malky, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

Re: Why is it dead?

I don't go down to the pub and am not a twit but there's brenmpyjomhomyrtrdyomh yptrd[pmnf yp/
    S
    Smfo',ftiml/.

<

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

you ok OHW? seem to have gone of the edge

4. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:icon_confused: :hihi::hihi::hihi:

5. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

Just drunk!

It was a lovely day again, we cooked and ate a very good meal in the garden and enjoyed the evening sun with our usual pre-prandial sherry but far more than our usual one bottle of wine (between us).

:)

If you can't enjoy yourself when you're old you won't have another chance. It's wasted on young folk, I'm sure the more mature of you will agree. We have the time, the leisure and the knowledge. We didn't in earlier days ...

Only realised my condition when I saw what I'd typed and couldn't correct it so I went to bed and slept for a couple of hours until he joined me.

6. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

I'll have what ever OHW is having:D:D

7. Oldhenwife

Oldhenwife New Member

It was a good but not special Malbec.

8. halliclone

halliclone New Member

It is dead due to the lack of good old debates. This is probably the result of a young, over zealous team of moderators a little bit too keen to stamp their authority with an impetuous trigger finger on the delete button. Absolutely no disrespect to the mods as they are otherwise doing a spot on job, but that is the truth of the matter. :icon_smile:

9. Malky

Malky New Member

You may be right, not being from Leeds I don’t get involved in the local debates but I like to dip my toe into the general discussion section.

A light hearted comment was made by someone about “foreigners” in a debate about Meadowhall and it was deleted as being raciest :eek: I made a few posts that seem to have disappeared for reasons unknown. :icon_surprised:

The forum as been running a while now …….. it would be a shame if growth was being hampered by over moderation.

PS

What was Leeds United doing at the weekend ? :shakehead:

10. halliclone

halliclone New Member

It would be a great shame. Do you think that's what is happening? If so, as an ex-moderator of SF, you may be the man to give these guys some useful tips.:icon_smile:

11. Malky

Malky New Member

You’ve done your homework haven’t you :icon_smile: ( Ex-assistant Moderator in the football section , have they got their work cutout :eek: )

It would help if when removing posts or closing threads a short note was left.

Closed Raciest
    Argumentative posts removed
    One-2-one chat removed
    Please stay on topic
    Etc

Apart from letting people know when they have overstepped the mark it might also help newcomers pickup on the rules on how the forum works.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  12. halliclone

halliclone New Member

I agree, your experience makes you wise. Comments such as "I asked for new balls please, not a load of old balls. Thread closed move on with your lives." don't really give the right impression do they?

13. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Comments noted chaps, we are trying our best and over zealous really isn't the word.

Also, a comment about E. Europeans leaving "parcels" in meadowhall? Is that really what you want in a general discussion about meadowhall(even though it's in Sheffield... Not Leeds!!)

14. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Just as a further note: Sheffield Forum took 8 years to grow to the size it is now.

15. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:thumbs2:.............

16. Malky

Malky New Member

Isn’t that the whole Idea of “general discussions”, if it was in Leeds it would have been in “Leeds Discussions”

17. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:icon_lol: Oh Malky, I think Joe was just pulling our legs. :icon_wink:

18. Malky

Malky New Member

Presumably about the nature of the discussion rather than which section it should be under. :biggrin:

19. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Leg pulled :p

Seriously though, thanks for your contributions, no matter which Yorkshire, South or West.

20. halliclone

halliclone New Member

That's true. How does the growth of LF compare to that of SF at the same age? Obviously you don't have the answer, but could you ask the site owner?
    The other BIG question.........Where the heck did Kook go!??????:icon_sad:

21. halliclone

halliclone New Member

You're welcome mate. Thanks for not banning us!:icon_wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.