1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Why is Sheffield forum better than leeds forum?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by sheffgrow, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheffgrow

sheffgrow New Member

Why havnt people in Leeds taken to leeds forum in comparison to sheffield forum that people have embraced?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Perhaps because Sheffield Forum is 9 years old and we're only 18 months?

4. sheffgrow

sheffgrow New Member

You need to spread the word then because it can be such a valuable resource for all things local

5. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Believe me, we are doing.

Check back in 7 years.

6. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Member

Nail on the head, as a previous forum owner I have sympathy for those trying to build a forum from scratch. I'll also add that 7 years ago was probably the hey day for forums when Facebook and other social networks weren't as dominant.

7. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

I built a quad bike forum , www.quadsuk.net and I can tell you it is very hard work. I have now sold it as I didn't have the time to run it anymore.
    Good luck to the guys here.

8. edssb4

edssb4 New Member

Reckon forums still have a role - I know loads of people in Sheffield who use the forum to buy and sell stuff, and who use it as first port of call for finding tradespeople. I think that works because people (mostly) provide genuine recommendations, and tradespeople provide genuine advice without always touting for business (they get it because people see them providing good advice).

9. yorkiepud

yorkiepud New Member

Not this question again! These things take time to build, believe me!! It is getting busier though which is good to see.

10. snooze99

snooze99 New Member

sheffield forum has other area like tech, Business and more

11. Malky

Malky New Member

People aren’t going to post when it feels like you are talking to yourself …… on SF you will get a reply ….. not always what you want :icon_lol: put you will get a reply.

12. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

I wouldn't know.... I live in Leeds so have never had to visit the Sheffield forum.

I like this forum, I think it will continue to get better and think it is doing great for an 18 month old forum.

Besides... a more active popular board doesn't always make for a better board ;)

13. StephenHarry

StephenHarry New Member

I use both and the look and feel is the same, I'm sure this will take off in no time!

Thanks to everyone involved for giving us a place to meet and chat!

14. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

Its may not be the lack of awareness, it may just be a case of people not having enough free time on their hands.

It does take time for a forum to build up, engagement and people getting value from a forum helps too.

If we can all find ways to help each other, such as pointing people in the right direction when then need advise, which I am sure we are already doing, then the site builds credibility and the more the word gets out.

I am new here and have read some incredible advice here and I am here to stay and spread the news of this forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.