1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Where is everyone ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LeedsGoodGuy, Dec 1, 2016.

1. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

Just wondering, this place used to be a bubbling forum but now it seems to be a bit quiet lately.

Is this because of Facebook or people spending more time on other social media platforms?

It's a shame really as it was an awesome place to make local friends.

Any suggestions on how we could get in busy again?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Present!

4. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

The numbers on the old Leeds Music Forum were dwindling long before the merge. Forums in general aren't well attended these days. Compared to some, this is still an active forum.

Most of my friends from LMF tend to interact on other forms of social media.

5. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    There is an alternative. There's a group on facebook called "Leedsface" where people post several times an hour about the latest traffic gripes, missing pets and local crime. Recent popular popular post that got 29 responses was "hi anyone awake"

6. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    I've seen that, it's mainly people whining about cyclists.

7. Al2001

Al2001 Member

There's plenty of absolute dimwits on there but it's quite well moderated to be fair, considering its size. Obviously the moderators get tons of stick because we live in an era of alt-right manchildren who think they're being 'censored' by the 'PC brigade' all the time.

8. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    True dat.

9. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

I hope we can get it back up and running again

10. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

We need to get a few good arguments going...

11. bongobenny

Like the olden days? ha. It could get so stressy on LMF at times. I'm a lot more laid back than I used to be with it. I can't handle the drama now. My job is too stressful for all that ha. I do like a good debate though.

12. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

Do you have a distinction between an argument and a debate?

13. bongobenny

I suppose in a debate you are open or at least appear to be diplomatic about both sides of the dispute. In an argument you're just trying to get your point across.

14. GregB

GregB Active Member

Depends if it's for 5 minutes or the full half hour.

Croggy likes this.