1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

When Is A Gas And Electricity Bill Too High?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LeedsGoodGuy, Nov 29, 2016.

1. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

So I'm having a conversation with a friend of mine over a coffee and a mince pie, bearing in mind that's the first and last pie I am going to have this year only because I seem to already have a few hiding away somewhere in the lower part of my belly that need to be burnt off.

So the conversation leads to how cold it is and then we get talking about how she uses a candle after she received her energy bill. " You are joking she I told her" and she replies by saying " No I'm not, that's the only way to keep warm after receiving her last energy bill.

When she told me how much it was I nearly threw my mince pie back up, luckily for me I have belly control £216.00 for a quarter for a one 2 bed flat?

That's mental, she even told me that its based on an actual reading, that shocked me even more. I live in a 2 bedroom myself and never seem to have a bill that high. I suggested that she compared prices online and she discovered that she was being taken for a ride by her energy supplier despite her loyalty.

You should have heard her screaming down the phone to the company I am not going to name here. the poor lad on the phone got it, I'm hoping he has recovered form that trauma.

Who else gets energy bills like this ?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I got a bill through recently with an estimation that has put my electricity bill into £1200 debit. That is absolutely ridiculous. To be fair it looks like we've underpaid, but I'm definitely going to dispute that figure it's outrageous.

4. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

Ouch,

You'd surely need to do that