1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

What gigs are you going to?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GregB, Apr 6, 2016.

1. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    Dead Meadow at the Belgrave!!!!!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. doc

doc Active Member

saw the reacharounds at the grove lal wknd followed by their creedence clearwater set this sun
    some regular acts from sela and duck going to the grove in coming wks
    troy faid , tim loud , rory holl , matt baxter , backyard burners every 1st sun , a various of reacharounds every 2nd sun

4. katyR

katyR Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Asa Hawks ;p
    Init.

5. doc

doc Active Member

tonite at primrose off to bobs birthday les vegas , jackson lake , swindells hoping to see plus captain wiberforce tomorrow

6. GregB

GregB Active Member

The Alarm tomorrow.

Minor Victories last week were really good. Can't wait to hear the album

7. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

The Fall: average, bar one song. That one song was very, very good though.

Tim Hecker: The first 20 minutes sketchy. The remainder quite the something. Visually the most boring thing since The Orb at The Warehouse in about 1990. The last half hour or so was electrifying, though. Harsh, beautiful and mystifying. You know that thing where your synapses just fry and you have no fucking idea what's going on? That.

8. alfonse

alfonse Member

I can confirm the above - internal organs still vibrating

9. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I was at Belgrave that night The Fall played. I heard one of the bouncers talk to another one on the door just making sure that they let MES in. They said, 'he looks like the kind of person that you wouldn't let in and apparently he's a bit of a dick..Make sure he gets in though, he's the main guy!' I bet he's been turned away from loads of his own gigs.

Cowl2 likes this.
  10. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    I really enjoyed Shellac on Sunday. I'm going to try for RM Hubbert and Rangda next.

Did you see Temples down in Bristol did an ATP and cancelled three days before it was due to start? A lot of pissed off people, and seems a lot of bands from last year still waiting to be paid in full.

11. GregB

GregB Active Member

Very tempted to get tickets for Michael Rother at the Brudenell.

Kula Shaker are back and charging £22.50 + fees. !!!!!!!

runaways likes this.
  12. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous. They haven't done anything (again) for another 10 year hiatus. I absolutely loved Kula Shaker when they came out but it's like they haven't evolved at all in the past 21 years.

13. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    I saw this, it seems to have devided the internet on it. But... if he was that strapped for cash after last years he probably should have downsized a bit and not been so adventerous IMO. Lets hope some of the cancellations make their way to Leeds this weekend heh. Seen endless amount of support for the bands who have fallen victim to this

Also - Contrary to my previous post saying I'm looking forward to Dead Meadow at the belgrave... This that's on the same eve looks a lot more inviting
    [​IMG]

14. GregB

GregB Active Member

Not an a gig but the new Nick Cave film that precedes the new film is being shown at the Hyde Park, Everyman and Showcase on 8th Sep.

http://nickcave.com/

15. Kirk

Kirk New Member

I'm going to less and less gigs these days. The combination of me not using social meeja and forums generally dying a slow death means this is only partly due to me becoming more lazy and reclusive - I simply miss quite a lot of stuff. However I've managed to not miss a couple recently:

My Disco at Temple of Boom were amazing. Death Index pretty good also.
    Shellac at Brud great of course.
    Neil FUCKING YOUNG tomorrow.
    Considering Royal Headache at Brud on Monday. Can't quite make my mind up about them. Ordinarily I'd just go but it's quite pricey IIRC.

16. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    This on Saturday! Their last Leeds gig apparently. Looks great. Saw Cleft in Santiagos a few years ago and they were great, there was about 12 people there, seem to have made a bit of a name for themselves over the past few years.

[​IMG]

17. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Good supports there too.

I'm off to see RM Hubbert at the Brude on Sunday, child and tiredness allowing.

18. GregB

GregB Active Member

I'll be forking out the huge price for Black Sabbath. I saw them twice with Dio and I saw Ozzy 5 or 6 times solo but I've never seen them together so this will be the last chance I get.

Strong rumours of an Iron Maiden arena tour as well so I hope that hit Leeds. It's like my teenage years all over again

19. Kirk

Kirk New Member

Bloody hell you weren't kidding about the price for Sabbath!

20. GregB

GregB Active Member

They are silly money and not surprising that tickets are available in all sections. If they were about 25% cheaper then I reckon it would be near sell out already.

A golden circle in such a relatively small standing area is just ludicrous.

21. Kirk

Kirk New Member

What is a golden circle? I must admit I find the whole ticket selecting/buying process for these enormogigs very frustrating.

btw have you looked at the price of the 'VIP' experience? Ha ha!