1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

What do you want for Christmas?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by GregB, Oct 29, 2015.

1. GregB

GregB Active Member

What are we all hoping for out of Santa's big Sack.

All I want is a Dukla Prague Away Kit?

Mr Gary C likes this.
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Yeah I had a friend who had the Dukla Prague Away Kit....cos his uncle owned a sports shop and he'd put it to one side.

4. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Whats so special about it?

5. Mr Gary C

Ha! Greg's referring to a song by Half Man Half Biscuit. I'm kind of quoting the lyrics.

6. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Ha! Ive made myself look desperately uncool.

Mr Gary C likes this.
  7. Mr Gary C

No....you've made me and Greg look desperately old.

8. GregB

GregB Active Member

So very, very old.

But on a real note I am really struggling to come with present ideas. I have all the technology I need for now, I buy the music and books that I want myself. Guess it'll be the age old favourites of Whisky & Socks. Both of which I go through ridiculously quickly.

9. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    When youre an old person like us lot, christmas kind of loses its appeal really. I mean, if there was something I actually really wanted I'd probably just go and buy it. Its not like when youre a kid and you've got about £5.67 to your name and you want a PS4

10. Mr Gary C

As a modernist, fancy (not novelty/character) socks are very important to me, so Christmas is a boom time as far as I'm concerned.

11. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Thats true, I have never purchased any undies or socks and I intend to keep it that way.

12. Mr Gary C

Same here in a way. I spend lots of money on clothes (amongst other things) and way more than I would receive from my wife and family....so most of my presents are what I'd consider small items. I usually make a list as the year goes by...although this means some of the music I want is a bit after the release date....however, with the exception of Sleaford Mods, most of the music I want are just re-issues or rarity releases by long dead or disbanded artists.

....and of course my constant need for socks.

13. GregB

GregB Active Member

That all said I could also do with some Joy Division Oven Gloves.
    Sorry

Mr Gary C likes this.
  14. Mr Gary C

Ha....you'll be getting accused of forming a clique before long.

GregB likes this.
  15. GregB

GregB Active Member

CLIQUE

Mr Gary C likes this.
  16. GregB

GregB Active Member

Actually some more of the Nick Cave vinyl reissues might be a good idea as they are the only exception to the rule that I don't rebuy something that I already have a physical copy of.

Oh and lots and lots of socks

Mr Gary C likes this.
  17. Mr Gary C

I'm tempted to get some decent darts. Me, my wife and son love darts and he's got a board mounted in a cabinet in his room (we also mounted a large square of carpet behind it...looks fantastic), but the darts I bought for myself don't quite feel right. My lad's are spot on for him, but i feel I need some different ones.

18. GregB

GregB Active Member

19. Mr Gary C

That looks ideal for me...I'm going!!

We took a quick break to Lanzarote a few weeks back and my lad won the kids darts competition....he thinks he's MVG now.

GregB likes this.
  20. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

Me and hubby limit each other to £20 and buy each other some novelty gift of some sort. Last year I got a Doctor Who sonic screwdriver (huge fan!). This year I am going to buy Dave something Vulcan (the bomber) related. He's a bit of an airplane geek and has been to watch it fly it's last few flights recently so am going to get him something related to that.

I'm Pagan so really celebrate the mid winter solstice rather than Christmas. Which tends to be a day out doing something in nature followed by a massive meal in the evening. We still do the whole Christmas presents / Christmas lunch thing for the sake of the kids though as although I am Pagan I'm keen for them to grow up and find their own religion (or none) as I don't want to force my beliefs on to them. This year they are getting a 4ft football table to share and some smaller pressies.

21. GregB

GregB Active Member

My mate did say that their opening times can be a bit flexible so probably worth giving them a call before you head out there.

Mr Gary C likes this.