1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

What book you've enjoyed would make a great film?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by inky, Dec 12, 2017.

1. inky

inky New Member

Hi - got to thinking the other day of all the books I've read and enjoyed and the films made from a lot of them. Some films and tv serials have done the books justice - some have been a bit of a disappointment. There are plenty of books I would love to see put on the screen and would be interested to see what other contributors would recommend?
    If I can set the ball rolling, having given it some thought, I would love to see a producer somewhere adapt "The Belle Fields" and its sequel "Ashes of Roses" by Lora Adams made into a serial or film. I suppose it would be Downton Abbey, Upstairs Downstairs, Love Story and a bit of Catherine Cookson thrown in for good measure. Plenty of intrigue and surprises in the books, some happy, nostalgic, twisting and turning to a totally unexpected conclusion! What a film it would be to curl up by the fire on Christmas Day and thoroughly enjoy!
    Have a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement