1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

What book you've enjoyed would make a great film?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by inky, Dec 12, 2017.

1. inky

inky New Member

Hi - got to thinking the other day of all the books I've read and enjoyed and the films made from a lot of them. Some films and tv serials have done the books justice - some have been a bit of a disappointment. There are plenty of books I would love to see put on the screen and would be interested to see what other contributors would recommend?
    If I can set the ball rolling, having given it some thought, I would love to see a producer somewhere adapt "The Belle Fields" and its sequel "Ashes of Roses" by Lora Adams made into a serial or film. I suppose it would be Downton Abbey, Upstairs Downstairs, Love Story and a bit of Catherine Cookson thrown in for good measure. Plenty of intrigue and surprises in the books, some happy, nostalgic, twisting and turning to a totally unexpected conclusion! What a film it would be to curl up by the fire on Christmas Day and thoroughly enjoy!
    Have a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. harrygarner

harrygarner Member

Any of the Peter James Nick Grace crime novels all set in Brighton they are very good indeed .