1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

What Annoys You at Christmas?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mr Gary C, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

For me, it's the guy at work who decorates his desk on 1 December (to the point where you can hardly see it for tinsel, plastic holly, several small christmas trees, etc) and then goes on leave from 15 December until mid January....every year!

tome likes this.
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. tome

tome Active Member

What is Christmas? An eating, drinking, gifting Pagan holiday that has been usurped by a couple of sentimental myths.

Today is the Winter Solstice and a very important day when the year is in equilibrium.

Mr Gary C likes this.
  4. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Miserable bastards who moan about Christmas ;)

Cowl2 and Mr Gary C like this.
  5. Mr Gary C

Ha! I like Christmas...this guy is the one and only annoying thing about it.

6. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    Christmas.

Mr Gary C likes this.
  7. Being atheist/jewish with an atheist/Christian girlfriend it always brings out a weird contradiction in me about quite liking the atmosphere and films but hating the music and the idea of telling kids absolute mumbo-jumbo about a fat man delivering presents down a chimney as well as the idea of subjecting them to the nativity horror.

8. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Rampant consumerism.

Also, the fact the pubs stop selling IPAs

9. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Loads of stuff bugs me about Christmas.

That said, I hope you all have a lovely one, and that Santa's bulging sack delivers you something you will love. And all the best for 2016, too. Have fun out there, kids!

Mr Gary C likes this.
  10. Mr Gary C

11. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

The worst thing about Christmas is the bit after it and the new year where you have to crash back down to the boredom of reality, only with a lot less booze than there was a few weeks previously, and everyone is talking about diets and 'cutting back'

12. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    This time of New Year where everyone keeps asking "are you on a diet now?". No i'm not, are you saying i need to be?
    bloody cheeky cock-wombles!

13. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Spare a thought for the Chuckle Brothers, who have been trying unsuccessfully to pull a Christmas cracker for twelve days now.

Staypuff likes this.