1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Website SEO and domain what do I need to pay

Discussion in 'Leeds Classified Ads' started by Allen, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

I had a lot more work this time last year, in fact I was turning more jobs down than I was doing. At the moment I am lucky to get 2/3 calls a day.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. OrangePunch

OrangePunch New Member

Some market research is needed then to find out what's going on. If you're getting lots of hits and low conversions then its a design or marketing problem rather than an SEO one, I'd start with competitor analysis and market research with loyal and potential customers.

4. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

That's an open question mate.

With a website you can build it yourself depending on what your level of skill is, alternatively if you get someone to build one for you the price will vary depending on how many pages you need, design etc.

Hosting if my memory serves me right about £13 or so a month I could be mistaken.

There is never a best company. Any company calling themselves the best I personally will be wary of.

SEO services can be very expensive and if you get the wrong seo company to do work for you your site will never be found in google.

For my sites I do a lot of the SEO myself and I rank highly for the keywords that I target. SEO changes all the time too.

It's a shame that I can't help others with SEO because of the sheer effort it takes otherwise I would have helped.

5. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

Well said mate. Some people go and buy facebook likes thinking its going to assist with their ranking. Or buy 1000 backlinks assuming that's going to help them rank well. It doesn't.

SEO takes time its a slow burn, if done the right way it pays off.

6. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

The only thing is that Matt cutts does not divulge much on the Big G.

Its always been secretive the only thing that is clear is " do what google wants" but that still doesn't guarantee page one results all the time.

7. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

With PPC if you're not sure of what keywords to target you lose money. If you want to do PPC, you'd have to test and be willing to lose money, find out what works and then you have a winner.

8. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

By the way just did some research for you and you have a great chance of ranking easily for keyword "central heating repairs in leeds"
    reason being there are only 234 sites with that keyword in their page title didn't do the keyword search volume but you might want to look into that too.

Off to bed now its 2.39am

9. BAZI

BAZI Member

I think you will find the most important thing for SEO in Googles eyes is quality fresh content. See the link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXgni6U6qk8 :nod:

10. sunsh49

sunsh49 New Member

I've just sampled your quoted reviews on the review centre URL. You do indeed seem to be offering a fab service but could I just clarify this:

I notice at least 5 of the quotes give you full marks and come from reviewers who have only ever contributed 1 review

and

You own website doesn't seem to quote any actual examples of clients.

11. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

Bazi I am going to totally disagree on that one, fresh content is just one of the variables, there area a lot of variables which Google uses to rank websites now and Matt will never divulge them all.

Its a matter of testing and tweaking, even with that you are not guaranteed a page one top spot listing.

I am going to say this SEO is dying and google are trying to push businesses to the paid traffic module.

But if you need to really get your SEO catered for google Peter parks or james Schramko those are the good guys that get my votes when it comes to internet marketing and SEO.

I hope I have been able to help / point you in the right direction

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  12. BAZI

BAZI Member

SEO is dying? first i heard of that, where did you read this..

Im ranked page one position one in all my targeted areas for "roofer" (area)

13. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

All you have to do is carry out a Google search and look at what results you get. Google says that they want quality sites to rank we don't always get quality sites.

It was easier to rank back in the days than now, Google have stated what they want and even if you do what they want you're never guaranteed a page one listing for your targeted keywords.

The game changes regularly and it can be tedious keeping up unless you have a team. What I would suggest is that anyone that needs customers / sales will need to focus on getting quality targeted traffic and not solely rely on SEO there are numerous ways to do this, James Schramko and Peter parks top good guy internet marketers are the go to guys who tell it the way it is.

Bazi, I typed in "roofer in Leeds" I am not sure if you are targeting the area and didn't find you on page one. Search term " roofer repair in leeds" you came up top position page 2 You may want to clear the cookies on your laptop and search again or maybe it could be my laptop.

14. BAZI

BAZI Member

Google algarithams are changing every day, that’s not new. Im not to keen on Schramko and parks

Here are just a few target areas, all page one position one:

roofing Abseilers London

Roofer Islington
    Roofer Highbury
    Roofer Fincheley central
    Roofer regents park
    Roofer Holloway
    Roofer crouch end
    Roofer archway
    Roofer Alexandra palace
    Roofer Highgate

Flat roofer Islington
    Flat roofer Camden
    Flat roofer Highbury
    Flat roofer crouch end

Chimney repairs Holloway
    Chimney repairs Highgate
    Chimney repairs highbury
    Chimney repairs crouch end
    Chimney repairs Camden

Emeregncy roofer london

15. LeedsGoodGuy

LeedsGoodGuy Member

Ok, cool that's good mate.

With regards to James Schramko and Peter Parks these are very the people I truly respect when it comes to online marketing.

Anyway mate keep up the work.