1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Waterways Festival - Saturday 17th July

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by Carabansity, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Carabansity

Carabansity New Member

As long as the weather holds tomorrow should be a great free day out around the River Aire. The focus will be Thwaite Mills in Stourton to the South of Leeds, out towards Rothwell/Wakefield but there will be activities at Clarence Dock and Granary Wharf.
    Thwaite starts at 11am but they will be doing a formal opening of a new events and activities space in the old Drying Shed at 2pm.

http://www.leedsguide.co.uk/event/events/leeds-waterways-festival/2100027162
    "Bringing to Life and raising the profile of the Waterside of Leeds through a series of Events over the Weekend, with Live Music, Food, Dancing and Family focused Events. There will be Boat rides, Bouncy Castle, face painting, Craft Fair and much more all linked together by a Vintage bus service."

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Looks like a good event, are you going?

4. Carabansity

Carabansity New Member

Yes, I went. The Weather held as well which was nice.
    Thwaite has just opened up the old Drying Sheds as an interactive education space, and most excitingly will hopefully have a modern Archimedes Screw turbine in the next year or so drawing constant power from the Aire.
    It was nice to see the Buses from the Keithley Transport Museum being used to give free rides between the Armouries at Thwaite. I was all nostalgic over the LT Routemaster, once a familiar sight on the streets of London, now they have those awful bendy buses (which are far too long).

5. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Sounds like it was a good day then :)

6. Carabansity

Carabansity New Member

Yes, I should have mentioned it earlier in the week, I think the weather put a few people off.

7. *Peachy*

*Peachy* New Member

Did you get any piccies?

8. andrewcolins

andrewcolins New Member

ouh :( i miss it...

there will be a good day right?