1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Warning Leeds Flossy Shoes Sales Job Scam

Discussion in 'Leeds Classified Ads' started by SR123, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Derc

Derc New Member

Ouch, my lugs are hurting.

Said after previous post was all in CAPS, removed since

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. CHleeds

CHleeds New Member

My daughter worked for a few days and when she asked about pay was continually told she would get at least minimum pay but it would have to be sorted through the accountant. On her second day she was asked to interview and set on staff!!! I was convinced this was a scam but a young person desperate for work believes what they are told. There are many other things I could add to this as it became a bit of a farce but all I would say is beware!!!!!

4. leedsman1954

leedsman1954 Member

Has anyone reported this to anyone official? I think JobCentre should be told so that they don't run her adverts.

5. SR123

SR123 New Member

Hi, yes the Job Centre were informed but seamed uninterested. I think this young woman has moved on now. If you search her name you will see her on Facebook for the person who wanted a description. Her name also comes up as a director associated with an 'agency' which leaves a lot to be desired.

6. Whitepumps

Whitepumps New Member

Hi there I would like to put an end to the rumours and stories about this thread.

We supply Flossys nationwide, we came across the very basic pop up shop in st johns centre last month where the girl told us she hadn't been paid for 2 weeks. The employer shouldn't have been selling the shoes as we have distribution rights so we got In touch with her and she quickly removed all her stock (on July 30th)

Hearing the stories from both girls we set up a more reputable shop with a till and credit card terminal and asked both of them to join us on our books. We are now employing one of the girls full time on fixed contract.

All the shoes sold at st johns centre are genuine and all duty has been paid. These stories are affecting our trade so please can we end it here.

The lady who set it up and didnt pay the girls was called Milly and will be dealt with in due course by our lawyers.

7. Derc

Derc New Member

Well that's a snippet of good news, but how did the 'lady' called 'Milly' come by them in the first place?

Might be as well to read other previous posts, re, quality, that may be affecting trade too.

8. deecee

deecee New Member

Delete my comment please

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012