1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Visiting Leeds with a dog

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Strix, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Strix

Strix New Member

Mr Strix is on holiday for a couple of weeks, so we're looking for places for a good day out

We've got free train travel, so if we had a trip out to Leeds, is there somewhere we can take a dinky little person (under 1) and a small, well behaved hound for lunch, and where else might we be able to visit?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fattysplash

Fattysplash New Member

If the weather's good you could head out to Kirkstall Abbey, there's a nice little cafe by the museum, and it's a nice walk around the Abbey grounds and there's a play park for kids. Not sure about taking a dog into Leeds centre, if that's what you had in mind? Roundhay Park and Temple Newsam are both just a bus ride away too, and they have cafes and play areas. Leeds City Council website has lots of maps and bus info and all the opening times. http://www.leeds.gov.uk/Leisure_and_culture.aspx

4. Strix

Strix New Member

Thanks FS - we'll be arriving by train, so we'll be travelling through the city centre no matter what I suppose

5. Gwyneth

Gwyneth New Member

Roundhay Park is great for dogs :) We've enjoyed a few walks there in past years, often after having been to the Dogs Trust open day

6. Lucy

Lucy New Member

I'd agree with Roundhay park as a good place for dogs and little ones. You can take dogs in the centre but I remember taking mine through (out of necessity) a few years ago and some people can be intolerent of them. There's also the canal, which is a nice walk, so you could go for a picnic/stroll.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010