1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Venue for music video - any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by performingchimp, Oct 15, 2013.

1. performingchimp

performingchimp New Member

Re: Locations to film a video in/around Leeds

Hairy Pete's Pancake Hut.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. wallum

wallum Member

Favourite Bands:
    Kate Bush

Good choice. We played there recently and thought at the time, "it would be nice to do a video here wouldn't it?" Thanks for fucking that up for us.

4. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

The Merrion Centre? You could start off at Stick and Twist having a pint, then walk through the Merrion, have a wander around Morrisons, then Home bargains, walk through the precinct, then finish off at Picture House for another pint. Under 5 quid, two pints, one epic video...Or just a usual afternoon in my life.

5. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Excellent! Glad you got it sorted.

6. performingchimp

Unless your video features a bearded man fwapping an acoustic guitar I think your thunder remains unstolen.

7. wallum

wallum Member

Favourite Bands:
    Kate Bush

We are all bearded men with acoustic instruments although I'm not sure any of us fwap them. Nonetheless, I'm sure the picture house will make an excellent setting for your guitar fwapery.

8. performingchimp

Wanna hang out and compare beards/instruments?

a/s/l?

9. wallum

wallum Member

Favourite Bands:
    Kate Bush

[​IMG]

10. Sparkes

Sparkes New Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Walkmen
    Hello,

I'm a singer-songwriter based in Leeds, looking for a venue to finish a video for one of my songs.

I'm looking for a stage with decent lighting - would need it for 3 hours (max), and a very small crew (4 max), to hire anytime (daytime preferably) over the next week.

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations of somewhere in Yorkshire to hire, large or small?

Thanks,

Harry

www.emilsparkes.co.uk

11. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
  12. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I'd almost certainly agree with that recommendation.

13. Sparkes

Sparkes New Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Walkmen
    Brilliant, thanks chaps

14. performingchimp

Lighting in Eiger is extremely difficult because it has an unblockable skylight. I just filmed a video in DPS studios in Leeds, they have a black box room. You'd need your own lights though. They do have some but they're not great for lighting a shot.

15. Sparkes

Sparkes New Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Walkmen
    Ah, okay - thanks for the tip. Did the black box room in DPS have a stage in it, can you remember? Thanks a lot

16. performingchimp

Yes, a pretty high one.

The indoor bits of this were filmed in the same room:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c7h-izdDo8[/youtube]

As you can see, it's a blank space. :) Hope this helps! I also started a thread on this topic recently-ish, it's still here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54023

Maybe these could be merged?

17. Sparkes

Sparkes New Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Walkmen
    Yes, it helps a lot, thanks. Spoken to the cameraman, and we're going to go with Eiger, as he doesn't want a blank space, but I really appreciate your input. I didn't stumble upon this thread earlier, they should definitely be merged, if only I knew how to do it!

Nice tune and video by the way :)

18. davelms

davelms Member

Favourite Bands:
    Not Telling
    You're the boss.

19. Sparkes

Sparkes New Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Walkmen
    Cheers!

20. Ben_Eiger

Ben_Eiger New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Music.
    Cheers for flagging up the lighting issue Jon, fortunately everyone has managed to work with it in the past but it is something we've looked into and we have a solution that should sorted for the end of January. Huzzah!

In the meantime, folks, have a look at the diversity space we can offer on this here video I gone done last year:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NOaJmj0vmc[/youtube]

It includes clips from some videos made in the VOX Warehouse space next door as well, which you can hire through us... we're good like that.

And Sparkes, assuming it's you that's booked with us on Sunday, see you then!

21. JohnBarnes'sHubCaps

JohnBarnes'sHubCaps New Member

Not sure if it is still there but Red Eric studios just off Burley Road is a great open indoor space. Used it for recording and filming a few times.