1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

[VC] The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gav Gusher, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Fezz

Fezz Member

Just got round to watching the triple threat from RR. Best match I've seen in ages that. Rollins is class...

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. O Captain

O Captain New Member

Favourite Bands:
    death cab for cutie
    Even if 'Taker doesn't wrestle this year (last year being his last match), they'll hold off inducting him until next year in Texas. He'll be the Hall of Fame headliner. This year they've already got Macho Man

4. O Captain

O Captain New Member

Favourite Bands:
    death cab for cutie
    Even if 'Taker doesn't wrestle this year (last year being his last match), they'll hold off inducting him until next year in Texas. He'll be the Hall of Fame headliner. This year they've already got Macho Man

5. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

Just renewed my network subscription in time for Mania! Pretty excited to be honest, can't wait to see what they do with Sting and Triple H's entrances and the IC title match is gonna be awesome.

6. Fezz

Fezz Member

Andre the Giant battle royal moved on to the pre show! Well, that lasted a long time.

Predictions...

Tag Team match
    Cesaro and Tyson Kidd

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
    Big Show

AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)
    AJ Lee and Paige

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
    Seth Rollins

Bad News Barrett (c) vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Daniel Bryan

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt Singles match
    The Undertaker

Rusev (c) vs. John Cena Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
    Super Cena defeats the evil Russian, freeing America

Sting vs. Triple H Singles match
    Sting

WWE Title Match - Brock Lesnar (C) vs Roman Reigns
    Brock Lesnar

7. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

Tag Team match
    Cesaro and Tyson Kidd

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
    Damien Mizdow

AJ Lee and Paige vs. The Bella Twins (Brie and Nikki Bella)
    AJ Lee and Paige

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins
    Randy Orton

Bad News Barrett (c) vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Luke Harper vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Daniel Bryan

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt Singles match
    The Undertaker

Rusev (c) vs. John Cena Singles match for the WWE United States Championship
    John Cena

Sting vs. Triple H Singles match
    Sting

WWE Title Match - Brock Lesnar (C) vs Roman Reigns
    Brock Lesnar

Some of these could go either way, though. Especially the main event. It's all up in the air!

8. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

Ok firstly... pretty damn good Wrestlemania. I didn't agree with some of the outcomes but overall the performance was extremely high quality. The only two criticisms I have is that 1) Sting should have won, 2) Miz and Mizdow should have been the final two in the battle royal, and 3) Having the show in an outdoor stadium during mid-late afternoon meant that, save for the main event, any attempt at using lights or pyrotechnics was completely futile; the brightness of the sun completely removed any sort of atmosphere from things like Undertaker's entrance.

Secondly... Raw was excellent right up until the main event, which was a complete snooze-fest and totally brought the excitement of the whole evening down. Several observations I made:
    - Lucha Dragons will win the tag titles in less than a month;
    - The dynamic duo of Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman just gets better and better, seriously... is there no end to how talented and entertaining they are?
    - Despite what the crowd were chanting, new-Sheamus looks BADASS and I'm absolutely ecstatic he's a heel again
    - Dean Ambrose is consistently one of the best entertainers around, yet here we see him being jobbed out to Cena again. Yawn.
    - Why did Sting show up after Raw went off the air?? Why not use him to close the show? It beggars belief!

There is, of course, one thing I haven't mentioned: The debut of Adrian Neville. Everything about Adrian Neville's debut was brilliant, except for one thing.... Now he's just called 'Neville'.

Let that sink in for a moment.... Neville.

F**king NEVILLE?!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!!

My (American) wife doesn't understand why I was so annoyed because he's English and 'Neville' is a very English-sounding name so it makes perfect sense to call him that. And they couldn't just call him 'Adrian' because apparently in America "Adrian is a girl's name" or whatever.

I don't even have any words.... I mean... ugh.

".... and NEW UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD..... NEVILLE!!"

No. Just no.

9. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

[​IMG]

Neville.

10. Fezz

Fezz Member

This is absolutely brilliant if anyone hasn't seen it before...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA[/youtube]