1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

[VC] The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Gav Gusher, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

Ok, so I've just discovered that this is an actual thing that exists. Any of you guys fancy having a dabble? Could be a bit of fun. From what I can gather, you pick a 'team' of wrestlers and then you get points each week based on how often they appear on TV and how successful they are. I'm not quite sure as to the exact format but it seems like it could be a bit of a laugh.

What do you guys reckon?

This is the website I found, but there are more:
    http://www.fantasizr.com/sport/wwe-fantasy-wrestling

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fezz

Fezz Member

Re: [VC] Fantasy Wrestling League

Defo! Can we do our own league?

4. Daimo

Daimo Member

I'm in

5. Fezz

Fezz Member

I have started a league 'Leeds Music Forum' if you type it in it should find it...

6. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

I can't seem to find an option to join a private league, Fezz. I suspect you may have to invite people to join and then we click on a link through our email.

7. Nodwell

Nodwell New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Yes

I'm up for this!

8. Fezz

Fezz Member

Anyone seen the wrestling thread? Or for that matter, the WWE title?

9. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

Wrestling thread has gone I think. We need to start a new one. I've not been on here much since I moved away so I need to start pulling my finger out and scribbling some more mindless bullshit.

10. Daimo

Daimo Member

Only just got around to watching NXT R.Evolution last night. Best wrestling show I have watched this year. NXT is incredibly strong at the moment and people like Finn Balor, Adrian Neville, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens and Tyler Breeze are definitely setting WWE up for a good future. Saw online that Neville is expected to join the main roster in January with a Mighty Mouse esq character. They are going to play on the him being quite small but ridiculously strong

11. Broady

Broady Member

Favourite Bands:
    Horrible

NXT is head and shoulders above anything in WWE nowadays. I for one am excited for yet another Kevin Steen / El Generico feud.

12. O Captain

O Captain New Member

Favourite Bands:
    death cab for cutie

It was a great show. Finn Balor's entrance was incredible. Not a dud match on the whole event.
    Shame the same couldn't said for TLC a couple of days later

13. Fezz

Fezz Member

He is ridiculous him. That entrance was absolutely nuts.

I've stopped watching Raw, might watch Royal Rumble but it's all gotten so boring. No entertaining characters anymore. I've never seen them f*ck up with a wrestler as much as they have with Dolph Ziggler either. Poor lad, should have been WWE champion multiple times by now.

14. O Captain

O Captain New Member

Favourite Bands:
    death cab for cutie

I almost solely watch the PPVs now - no time for the rest but it doesn't seem like I'm missing owt. Read the results each week and that's about it, maybe I'd watch it if I had Sky

Do we think the Network will finally launch in Jan as announced or not?

15. Daimo

Daimo Member

I'm pretty much the same at the moment. It has become far too predictable which enables me to make these predictions for the upcoming year.

Roman Reigns to win the Rumble and go on to win the title at Mania becoming the 'new Cena'.
    Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose to remain overlooked despite being probably the 2 best workers in the company.
    Rusev to carry on the monster heel push into the world title picture.
    The Authority angle to end at Mania when Daniel Bryan beats Rollins (potential for a great match there).
    The Ascension to win the tag team titles very quickly and by the end of the year have split and had a boring mid card feud. (If they want to push a tag team, go for Cesaro and Kidd)
    Adrian Neville to be massively underutilized when he gets his call up.
    Sheamus heel turn leaded to a feud with Orton.
    The New Day to do the whole being held back because of racism gimmick.

16. Gav Gusher

Gav Gusher New Member

Roman Reigns will probably win the Rumble and beat Lesnar at Wrestlemania, which is fine by me because Lesnar has sucked as champion so far. The Rumble match itself is always fun to watch though so I'm looking forward to that as usual.

Rusev's undefeated streak should end at Wrestlemania, too. I can see John Cena being the one to defeat him and restore 'American pride' etc.

The Authority angle will end at Wrestlemania but I'm undecided as to how it should end. I agree Daniel Bryan seems like the most suitable guy for the job, possibly with Rowan/Ryback/Ziggler in some sort of elimination tag match thing like they usually do in these situations.

Adrian Neville will most likely debut the night after Wrestlemania, as Paige did last year.

Sheamus could and should turn heel very soon. He was far better as a heel; his gimmick is more suited to that role and his character is getting very stale. I'd love to see him back doing what he does best as a dangerous, out-of-control Irish brute. Although I believe it is also worth noting that Finn Balor is obviously Irish and 'Balor' was the name of a supernatural king in Celtic mythology who was considered the scourge of the Irish people, so it would not surprise me if Sheamus stays face and Balor turns up on Raw as a heel intent on destroying him. That might be a little too clever for WWE creative, though.

Bray Wyatt will face Undertaker at Wrestlemania, thus breaking the hearts of everyone who wanted to see Sting vs Taker finally happen.

The New Day have had the wrong gimmick all along. The early promos hinted at some sort of Malcolm X vibe, which I was quite excited about, but instead we've been given this odd happy, dancy, clap-along evangelical church thing. I have no idea what is going on with them but I hope they change things up very soon because the idea does have some promise.

17. Broady

Broady Member

Favourite Bands:
    Horrible
    Anyone watch NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9? Quality event.

18. Daimo

Daimo Member

I heard the original plan for the New Day was pretty much a new version of the Nation of Domination but that went down the pan.

Ziggler, Ryback and Rowan will all show up next week, costing the Authority a match on Raw before getting announced for the Rumble. It wouldn't surprise me to see Noble and Mercury added for comedy effect as well.

The Finn Balor theory is an interesting one Gav, that would be brilliant, but I agree far too clever for creative and I think the fan response to Balor (especially when he is painted up) will lead to him getting a massive face push. However, creative have fucked up these decisions in the past so could possibly do it again.

Dean Ambrose on Raw this week was outstanding. Balls to Reigns, this is the guy that needs to be pushed to a main eventer. Also heard that the promo Paul Heyman delivered at Smackdown last night was brilliant. If he wasn't Lesnar's mouth piece the title really would have lost all meaning. They should have him drop it to Rollins as the guy is proving to be a top class heel and I can definitely see him as champion in the next 12 months. The Shield are the guys for the future. Reigns as the babyface Cena type to entertain the kids, Rollins as the guy everybody loves to hate and Ambrose as the anti authority Stone Cold character.

Broady, was Wrestle Kingdom 9 the joint venture with Jeff Jarretts new company that JR was commentating for? Speaking of which when is JJ going to launch that as a full brand.

Total side topic but I bought it a PS4 the other day with WWE2K15. The career mode is brilliant. I've just dropped the NXT title to make the move to the main roster, built up a decent run and then Mark Henry knocked the crap out of me

19. Broady

Broady Member

Favourite Bands:
    Horrible
    Wrestle Kingdom is New Japan PWs Wrestlemania, big event. Jarrett is involved in some part with the US licensing and broadcast I believe, hence the JR commentry.

20. Fezz

Fezz Member

Just put on raw for the first time in a few month and seen a tag team called Ascension or something? Scraping the barrel there. Didn't realise it had sunk that low!

Probably won't watch it again for another few month now. Proper turd.

21. Daimo

Daimo Member

The Ascension weren't too bad in NXT however since joining the main roster just look to be a Road Warrior/Demolition knock off, whilst simultaneously slagging off both teams