1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

UKIP Calypso

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by Staypuff, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. N Brown

N Brown New Member

All ex-Radio 1 jocks are either racists, tax avoiders or gropey nonces.

4. Seany

Seany Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    !!!, Can, Mars Volta
    Darren will buy it by the truck load.

5. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I have no headphones any good?

6. tome

tome Active Member

It's trash I tell you.

Not even calypso, it's Mento. Very, very bad Mento too!

7. bongobenny

This is the first time I've seen Mike Read actually do anything at all (other than DJ on something I've never heard) since I was about 6 and he was on Saturday Superstore with Patricia Licorish and Keith Chegwin 'What's that noise?'

8. mr michael

mr michael New Member

It's bizarre, yesterday I thought to myself 'Is Mike Read the only old radio dude that hasn't been exposed as a dreadful bastard?' and then this popped up on my twitter. The most depressing thing is thinking about some guy having to sit in the studio engineering this garbage.

9. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I posted that link last week where you could find out what was on TV the day you were born.

Highlights for me were:

Swap Shop with Mike Read
    Grandstand with Frank Bough
    Jim'll Fix It

10. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

From the brief listen I had it sounds like a one mic recording done while he plays it live at some conference or other, so thankfully any engineer involvement was likely minimal.

11. Les oeufs du chien

Les oeufs du chien New Member

It's of the same quality as those Christmas no.1 attempts that appear on the local news in December every year, usually derisory dad-rock with humourous puns done by mulleted idiots in their shed in Pontefract. Risible.

This is bringing down the reputation of 70s BBC DJs. Savile must be spinning in his grave.

12. bongobenny

Ha. My band did a Christmas song. to be fair it paid for quite a lot of recordings and was only a pisstake.

13. Hanson

Hanson Member

Favourite Bands:
    Big Dogs
    Outstanding.

14. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
  15. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

Hahaha WTF?

So essentially if you're pissed off about the song you're excluded from being pissed of about other issues?

What an absolute pile of blind horseshit.

16. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    Err, the fact a thread was dedicated on these boards to this trivial issue of no importance, when a thread detailing mass nationwide grooming is missing, pretty much proves Farage's point. And stop pretending to care about scummy working class whites. Your kind care about nothing outside the scope of far left privilege checking and multicultural 'values'.

17. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    'I'm upset about an incredibly intolerant, racist ukip calypso song. Therefore grooming.'

18. Pat Badger

Pat Badger New Member

19. Darren Major

Darren Major New Member

Favourite Bands:
    deacon blue
    Yeah, and I started the thread. Point proven. So what am I forgetting? Maybe to remind lefty darlings to rearrange their priorities.

And Farage's is not suggesting that you cannot offer sympathy and a voice against the backdrop of both issues simultaneously. What he is exposing, again, is a lack of interest by the left to seriously tackle something far more important and widespread, than the implications of a fucking song.

Also, believe me, the irony of musicians historically arguing for the preservation of free speech, particularly for the rights of artists and musicians, by arguing and demanding a curtailment of a song because your feelings are hurt, has not been lost on me.

20. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think
    The article is utter shit and so are your opinions on it. Just completely meaningless binary drivel.