1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

The Leeds Alternative Musical Circus

Discussion in 'Music Chat' started by dodell, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Daimo

Daimo Member

Jordan is my favourite. I thought he was called Katie Price these days though

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dodell

dodell New Member

I just find it really fucking insulting.

But hey, if we all chip in and make this happen he did say he might book a "wizard"!

4. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

They should book Wizard.

5. Daimo

Daimo Member

Well he has sold thousands of records. He could play at the Duncan

6. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Why is he wearing that home made top hat?

Is he in an Isambard Kingdom Brunel tribute band?

7. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

Can you imagine working with that Jordan fella?
    Fucking hell.

I've listened to all those bands on that page and as far as my personal tastes go they are all absolutely fucking dreadful.

Now, that's no reason for them not to play large venues; just because I don't like them.
    But it does beg the question: are they not playing large venues because lots and lots of other people think they are shit too?

Is that what this is all about? Playing large venues?

I'm not sure I know what it's about, it just seems like a sneering bloke asking for money in a condescending way.
    Is he David Cameron?

8. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

Can anyone point them to this thread? I'd genuinely like to ask them some questions about what they wish to achieve.

Namely: what do you wish to achieve?

9. dodell

dodell New Member

10. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

Ah, I see.
    What he's done there is fallen at the first hurdle by being an arsehole.

An easy mistake to make.

11. Daimo

Daimo Member

Nath vs JFK vs Doc vs One of the Futuresound guys, in a steel cage.

Live at the General Elliot

£15 on the door

Opening act Harry Potter

12. AgentW

AgentW Member

So, 2,300 capacity at £15 a ticket is £34,500. Minus under a grand for the turns, minus two and a half grand for the room is ... um ... a shade over thirty grand. All funded by other people at no risk whatsoever to this knobhead.

What could possibly go wrong?

13. Daimo

Daimo Member

They don't play enough pop music in my local so will somebody give me a few hundred grand so I can put International Trust on at Wembley

14. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

I'm guessing that when they don't reach their target it will be due to 'people slagging off the cause', 'the cause not being given enough coverage locally' or 'a backlash in Leeds towards the cause'; something like that.

Whilst those three examples would be perfectly fair reactions from the people of Leeds I'm going to assume the real reason they won't hit the target is because not enough people like the bands, not enough people think what they are doing is worthwhile and because 100% of people find Jordan a smug prat.

15. Broady

Broady Member

Favourite Bands:
    Horrible
    Best bit:

"You can brandish our logo with pride as you walk down the street in those lovely Doc Martens and your Alchemy Gothic Pendant. "

Not sure if sarcasm or not.

16. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

17. Dave iLT

Dave iLT New Member

Wow! That was quick.

"As many of you may - or may not - be aware, the Kickstarter for the Leeds Alternative Circus has been cancelled.

I am not a man above admitting he makes mistakes and evidently we've done exactly that. Moving on and upwards and all that, we can't justify an endeavour that people evidently aren't interested in.

The Yorkshire Evening Post's selective hearing was a good, heavy iron nail in the coffin and their sensationalist response to the plans have resulted in often rather insulting comments to myself, the musicians and the people working behind the project who genuinely believed we were onto something.

I can't risk damaging the zine's reputation and I shan't leave it to the masses, either. It's not worth the loss of the zine and it never will be, chaps. We're an award winning Webzine with a great reputation, and this wasn't up to the mark that we're capable of.

It was a fun experiment. We soldier on!"

18. cavie

cavie Member

DO NOT UPSET THE MAGICIANS!

19. cavie

cavie Member

20. soulboy

soulboy New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Stevie Wonder
    Just to clear something up this guy has had no contact with the O2 Academy Leeds what so ever and we have never heard of this event.
    He is obviously just an attention seeker and had no intention of putting on a gig but more to ruffle a few feathers by the looks of it.

21. LeeRatbag

LeeRatbag New Member

Who is this arrogant little shit, where does he come from, and what exactly qualifies him to comment on the state of the Leeds music scene? I've been gigging around Leeds for 23 fucking years and I do not in the least recognise the situation he describes. Furthermore, his attitude and demeanor in his begging video make my knuckles itch.