1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

The best fish and chip Shops in Leeds

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by svencita, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Bruce

Bruce New Member

"In the late 50's after a Friday night film at the Cottage Rd picture house, about 6 of us would walk back up to West park past the road that goes up to the Hollies Park. but only after a paper of fish and chips and scraps at the chippie just behind the tram sheds.

A few years later, after working late in the Engineering labs, just north of the Brotherton and University Road, the only place for REAL fish and chips was SWEATS, or Sweaty Betty's, opposite the University. You could sit down to Fish, chips, mushy peas, bread and butter, AND a cup of tea, all for the fantastic price of 2/1d."

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. superleeds1

superleeds1 New Member

Nash's Fish & Chips shop in Merrion street, central Leeds, is very nice.

I have to admit I have not been into numerous F&C shops in Leeds, but Nash's is the best I have been to.

Especially the crispy coating and the portion of the chips!!!

4. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

If your Dad is still around ask him about the Ackroyd Brothers, Walt and Willy plus Billy Wilson the local Fireman. every one who chopped firewood in Morley used an Hatchet from Billy. old ladies chopping a few "Chips" for the fire in their backyard would have a large gleaming hatchet supplied by "Wilson Enterprises"