1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

The best fish and chip Shops in Leeds

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by svencita, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Roofers Leeds

Roofers Leeds New Member

Nash's on Merrion Street still has it for me!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Derc

Derc New Member

I'm sure Croft St Farsley got a mention earlier, Prize winners for the past couple of years, must try them again

4. MG Plastering Mick

MG Plastering Mick New Member

eating out bryans at headingley but if were having a night in Kirkstall Fisheries on Morris Lane is lovely. Also Oxford Row Fisheries in Guiesely is lovely. hits the spot

5. FarsleyForum

FarsleyForum New Member

Farsley's, Croft Street Fisheries has just won Morrisons Magazine award, naming them Britain's Best Chippy!

6. bewerley

bewerley New Member

I am not surprised, great fish and chips plus personal service

Congratulations

7. FarsleyForum

FarsleyForum New Member

I can remember before moving to Farsley, on my moving pros and cons list having the chippy high on the pros list.

My partner didn't believe me when I said they're like you get from one one the top coastal fish and chip shops.

The rest is history!

8. Geordie exile

Geordie exile New Member

B-b-but they leave the skin on at the seaside. :icon_sad:

9. FarsleyForum

FarsleyForum New Member

Good point, they also do that at Bryans, well they did the last time I had them from their, but not everyone likes skin.

10. Derc

Derc New Member

Supposedly the best bit but just not (inland) Yorkshire

11. Branko

Branko New Member

Royal Park Fisheries are surprisingly good given they are in the poor takeaway area and dirt cheap

12. nicola

nicola New Member

Well guys, I tried the mobile Flying Pan that stops at Wigton Moor shops (LS17) last Thursday and whilst they were nice there certainly weren't award winning. The owner / server was lovely though. Have a great friendly debate about 'the goings on' in north Leeds. Maybe that's why my fish and chips were cold although my son didn't seem to mind!

13. what about The Wetherby Whaler ?

14. Allen

Allen Heating Engineer

It's ok but the service wasn't that good when I went in, fish is just ok in my opinion.

15. bewerley

bewerley New Member

It's crown has slipped. Big,loud and brassy Murgatroyds at Yeadon is easily better plus there are a couple in Morley now which aspire to be the best in Leeds.

With the sustainable fishing problem in our seas I wonder what the long term future is for fish and chip shops.
    The concept of fish n chips seemed to be founded on a cheap hot meal of inexpensive protein and spuds but today fish is moving into the luxury bracket and in the future may well be limited to more sustainable fish than cod or the rapidly disappearing haddock

16. keith

keith New Member

Fish Frydays on Street Lane in ROundhay. No grease and they do lightly battered if you ask. Gluten free also available!

17. jaw67

jaw67 New Member

18. aej1

aej1 Active Member

Non most of the fish and chip shops now give me really bad indegestion maybe cos the have changed to oil yuk
    Ann

19. jaw67

jaw67 New Member

The Village Chippy New Farnley Uses BEEF DRIPPING and i would recomend it to anyone

20. annoyed

annoyed New Member

have not rated harry ramsdens ever, been a few times to see if it was just a one off and out of necessity like being hungry and them being convenient at the time,
    Always use the one on Austhorpe road Crossgates we call it greasy Joe's but there not just an old name, you get plenty of chips and the fish are large batter not thick,
    We have been to the wetherby whaler in wetherby taste nice batter not thick fish average size sometimes on small side, sparse with chips, eating in not cheap fish larger, more chips more fish than takeaway, coe's at crossgates used to be ok a bit like wetherby whaler with portions, i'll stick with austhorp road.

21. annoyed

annoyed New Member

I agree with the Harry Ramsden's part they are terrible.