1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

tell me about 'JAM NIGHTS' in Leeds please...

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by Anonymous, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there a list, or can anyone tell me which places/promoters/pubs have jam nights in Leeds, and which days they are on?
    Ones I know of:
    Thursdays at the Primrose (still on, I think)

Lyrically Justifieds night at the Carpe Diem on Mondays

Thanks!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. leedsben

leedsben New Member

I used to go to the ones at Dr. Wu's but don't know if they still have open mic nights

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately

a) Chris, who ran them, has moved to London.

b) Dr Wu's has shut down.

5. doc

doc Active Member

primrose is tuesdays now

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, Cheers, Doc...didnt know that one.

Anymore?!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

for the more acoustic/folkie side of things there one at the wrens on wednesdays

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think Carpe does one on a Monday

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    I am currently building a website that informs of any Jam Nights feel free to have a look round. (http://www.anystyle.co.uk) also if you know of anyone who would like a link let me know its all free. I aim to support and encourage all Musicians. and thoughs who like to listen.
    rgds :p

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,
    We are hosting a freestyle jamming session at the Woolpack in Lockwood Huddersfield every Weds.
    Basically every one jams together, some times people also play songs, it is a lot of fun.
    www.myspace.com/thewoolpacklockwood

11. Cloth Cat

Cloth Cat Member

We run an Open Mic night at The Chemic in Woodhouse every Thursday except the 1st Thursday in the month. It starts at 9pm but it's best to get your name down on the list early as we've been struggling to get everybody on.

12. 309 studios

309 studios New Member

The Cloth Cat jam night at The Chemic is really good,

I wholeheartedly recommend it!

The Chemic is a great pub too - lovely proper real ale boozer, well work checking out if you don't know it already.

:D

Kev.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

309 rehearsal studios - Meanwood Road, Leeds. Call 0113 245 33 77 or 07594 371 404 for bookings or info.

High Quality PA and Backline available including:
    Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Ludwig, Line 6, Fender, Randall, Vox, AKG, Remo

Brand New Clean and Tidy Purpose Built Rooms.

Bookings by the hour from as little as £4 off peak

'All inclusive' Peak Time Deals for 4 hour rehearsals with all the gear you need - £30 small room, £40 medium room, £50 large room.

http://www.309studios.co.uk
    http://www.myspace.com/309studios

:band:

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    http://www.anystyle.co.uk is now up and running and has proven popular. if you are a band,pub,club,or a promoter. contact me through http://www.anystyle.co.uk and i,ll link to your site for free. this site is to help all musicians so if your are a musician and think we could help you can find my contact details on the site.
    we also have a gallery so any photo's would be posted.

any articles on any events or musicians would also be considered for the events page.

merry xmas :band:
    kcblues

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leeds Uni BandSoc regularly do jam nigths, and you don't have to be a member. We usually do them in the packhorse about once a month. They're usually bloody good and we get lots of people. Join the facebook group if you want updates on when they are...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 069&ref=ts

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah the clothcat people are really friendly aswell when we starting out we done the open mic nights

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not been down yet but theres supposed to be a new open mic night at Fraqutured on a Wednesday (near Cuban Heals behind the Corn Exchange).

For those living east of the city theres an Open Mic on a Tuesday at The Fox in Thorner, 1st Wednesday of the month at The Midland Hotel in Woodlesford and last Sunday of the month at The New Inn, Barwick-in-Elmet.

17. doc

doc Active Member

open mic nites @ primrose and ship tuesdays

jam nite @ grove tuesdays

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hey, i have set up an open mic/acoustic night at The New Inn pub in Headingley, Leeds and i am looking for some new fresh acts to perform!

At the moment we can only accommodate for more acoustic type acts rather than full bands due the licensing to have a loud drum kit etc, however this is going to change in the next couple of months so if any bands are interested please still do get in touch!

So please tell all your mates about it, see if anyone is up for a bit of a jam down at the new inn!

Can be anything from country, folk, blues, pop covers, to poetry and comedy.

If interested, email me at: exterminatemycause@hotmail.com
    or reply on here if need be.

Cheers!

Si

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Purple Pro Audio run monthly gigs/jam sessions in their studio live room.
    The first of two sessions in July is on the 1st and sees the Mersenne Twisters playing a short set to open up the night. Afterwards musicians and techies alike are encouraged to join in with the jam. Both the set from the band and the jam are recorded and people are welcome to help out and get involved with the recording process in the studio control room. If there's something you want to practice the rehearsal rooms are available to have a last minute run through.
    If studio tech isn't for you, other media is encouraged such as photography or fiim making, whether it be to go on the website or your own personal portfolio.
    For more info and pictures check out the website or the facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Purple-Pr ... 080?ref=ts).

If you or anyone you know is interested in opening the night with a band or simply solo, drop us an email to info@purpleproaudio.com

See you at the studio!
    Purple Crew
    ----
    Purple Pro Audio
    Unit B, St Catherines Business Centre,
    Bramley,
    Leeds,
    LS13 2TD

Rehearsal spaces, Recording Studio, Live Events

Tel: 0113 290 9161
    Web: www.purpleproaudio.com
    email: info@purpleproaudio.com

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That sounds like an awesome night and i will defiantly be attending!!!

21. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest