1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Tell me about a good film to watch.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by halliclone, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Derc

Derc New Member

:D :D Aaagh, got me with that one Halli but I found the braille version more touchy feely. :icon_cool:

Did you see 'House of the flying daggers' ? Corny japanese magic stuff but stunning scenery and effects.

Also I think it was called 'the horseman' Australian revenge horror, strewth!!
    reminded me of 'Hostel' I dare'nt come from behind the cushion to turn it off. :eek:

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. halliclone

halliclone New Member

See it!..........I live in it at certain times of the month! :eek::frown:

4. Derc

Derc New Member

:icon_lol: Haaa..... tickled pink with that one ha ha :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

5. halliclone

halliclone New Member

I have watched a review of "Human Centipede 2" on youtube and have decided that I will not be watching that tripe! Disgusting....should be banned. :(

6. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Hi guys. Just returned from a rather nice meal with my better half and we are in the mood to snuggle up and watch a decent picture. We are contemplating renting "Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy" on BTVision but it costs 4 quid!

Is it worth watching? Be quick or we will end up watching "Doctors" recorded earlier today. Thanks. :)

7. Derc

Derc New Member

8. bewerley

bewerley New Member

Despite all the hype and a predictable storyline The Artist is well worth seeing for the feel good factor.

9. halliclone

halliclone New Member

I agree Bew' enjoyed that one.:icon_smile:

10. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:hihi: You are good for a giggle mate! :thumbs2:

I checked out that website Derc, pretty cool. I watched the titles to a filem called "Splice" which prompted me to watch the full picture! WOW!! pretty freaky but worth a watch. :icon_eek:

11. Derc

Derc New Member

Hey Halli, I finally got to see 'Hush' last night .... weird, English film but it ended with the victim, after prising his hands from a timber floor where they had been nailed to,
    releasing a suspended container onto the villain.

Did you see the Tarantino film the other night ? with Brad Pitt making a real tool of himself, trying to talk like a slackjawed American hillbilly, what a joke,
    as was the 'actors' playing the parts of Hitler and Churchill. It confirmed the fact to me, that Tarantino is a full blown nutter ! :crazy:

12. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Yo Derc, Sorry I haven't been around just lately. I did see that Tarantino crud as it happens! "Revenge of big face"!!!! That guy is proper bonkers!

13. Derc

Derc New Member

Saw most of 'Winter's Bone' Sunday night, talk about raw nitty gritty, this is one to watch out for, turn the sound up, it's diffycult to understand the hill billy drawl, y'all.

14. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Not heard of that one, sounds like my kinda thang, will look out for it.:icon_smile:

I see that John Carter has bombed big time! Is it just a marketing plot by Disney to generate interest? Have you seen it? Trailer looked okay to me!

15. Derc

Derc New Member

16. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Cheers Derc, in general it has a very positive write-up......apart from this critter!! :icon_lol: :

"I couldn't tell that the filmmakers knew what people they was making a film about: impoverished, mountain people, plagued by high unemployment, and drug use, living surround by bush, and steep terrain. And so when the filmmakers introduce references to farms - and thriving farm economy - that we don't see, they lost me. The central character's charges - her younger siblings - play around large hay bales which required large fields of hay, expensive equipment, income and capital; the central character tracks her most powerful relative down at a cattle auction where he is clearly a man of importance, but there are no feed lots or large cattle pastures in this film; no sign that this man buys and sells cattle on any scale that would give him status at that place. There's also no sign that he is peripheral at that auction, a poor man wanting something that's out of reach. Who did the filmmaker thing these people were? What community was she revealing? It bothered me a lot because belonging is the central theme of the film, and yet she didn't know what did and didn't belong."

— AE Rose, Toronto, ON

:icon_rolleyes::biggrin:

17. Derc

Derc New Member

Yea Halli, yuk yuk, the critter's probably a successful farmer, with no idea of status amongst white trailer trash, oops nearly said something racial there. I don't think they'd take kindly to him down their neck o' the woods. Honour among thieves and a bit of incest springs to mind. yeehaa! Try to watch Moonshiners next week, amazing documentary.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  18. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Went to the flicks again yesterday, watched 'The Lorax'!..Kid's film?.. Not on your nelly!!
    Didn't stop smiling from start to finish and some real LOL moments. What you waiting for? Go see it, heart warming. :)

19. LS resident

LS resident Member

Some good scary films I've seen recently:

'Case 39' - Renee Zelweger in a great thriller, best scary movie I've seen in ages.
    'Staying Alive' - great concept storyline and has all the classics of a thriller/horror.
    'Orphan' - probably not as good as the above two, but still good if you like this kind of thing.
    'The woman in Black' - with Daniel Radcliffe, really well made and acted, ending could have been better but otherwise excellent.

20. Georgiegirl

Georgiegirl New Member

The Dark Knight Rises. Brilliant! Great ending to an excellent Trilogy.

21. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Yet to see that one Gorgeousgirl, but have read the rave reviews. I hear there are plans for a fourth film in the trilogy!? :icon_smile: