1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Tell me about a good film to watch.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by halliclone, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Derc

Derc New Member

Just thought I'd run this past you before, A/T/Favs. - Been watching Jacques Mesrine, Pt 1 last week and Pt 2 last night
    Excellent French gangster film. :icon_cool:

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Yep, superb Derc! Forgot about these films, I think I may have mentioned them previously in this thread. The guy who plays Mesrine (can't remember his name) really pulls off a charismatic performance. He actually puts quite a bit of weight on in a Robert De Niro method acting stylee throughout filming. 10/10 :thumbs2:

4. Derc

Derc New Member

All time favourite, got to be, The seven samurai, through lack of 'professional acting'
    and for teaching me humility and respect, for a feller with a very sharp sword! :icon_eek:

5. halliclone

halliclone New Member

It's good Derc i must admit, but all time favourite!? Are you 100% sure?.....Have you forgotten such classics as Star Wars, Gone With the Wind, My Fair Lady, ET, Titanic, The Godfather, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, As tha got beef wi me, The Shinning, Avatar, Jaws, Mesrine, Free Willy, The Muppet Movie, A Fist Full of Dollars, The Sixth Sense, First Blood, Bambi, The Sound of Music, The Excorcist, Pretty Woman, The Full Monty........................????

6. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Ahem, The 'Shinning' was the classic film about two guys competing to climb the highest tree!!:icon_redface:

The 'Shining' is another classic film that I forgot to mention!.......carry on. :suspect:

7. Derc

Derc New Member

The 'Shinning' sounds good, also 'As tha got beef' was expertly directed. The rest of your list pales at the side of Alice in Wonderland,
    which was my favourite until my mid 50's. Don't really know now, I'm confused, I think the question is too diffycult for a single answer. :icon_confused:

8. Derc

Derc New Member

Saw 'Hush' the other day, Woweee what an ending wowww! :icon_eek:

9. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Not seen that one Derc, you seem excited, is it that good? What's it about? (and don't say it's about 90 minutes! :D ) Tell me more, TELL ME NOW!!!!!!!! :) Post a linkage! Do it NOW!!!!!!!!!

10. Derc

Derc New Member

Hi Halli, me old mate, the ending of 'Hush' is without doubt ......................... hush

The links are, #23, #33, and #35 but (especially #33) Talk about knife in the back !
    Hook, Line and sinker and Fish Hard Lads, it's got them all !

I'm just :icon_smile: I dare'nt :D kindest regards, yer old m8 Derc, honest

11. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:hihi::hihi: You are slightly crazy! But I'm okay with that. :thumbs2:

Just googled Hush and realised that I saw half of it on tv last year.
    I fell asleep during the second half (through tiredness not boredom, it was pretty good) so didn't see the ending, sure I have mentioned it before. :confused:

12. Derc

Derc New Member

Hi Halli, this respondez will be #192. If you go back to #23, #33 and #35

It will all become clear :biggrin:

13. Derc

Derc New Member

By the way, watched Dark man last night, 1990 Liam Neeson, real garbage !
    Like him usually - in later films. This was followed by The way of the Dragon, Bruce Lee
    Strewth ! seen better acting in our local childrens village hall presentations !
    Good final fight at the end with Chuck Norris - what a muppet.

14. Katy_P

Katy_P New Member

I am thinking of going to see the grey at pics later today anyone seen this already?

15. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:hihi::hihi: You rascal you!:icon_lol: What did happen at the end of that filem!?:icon_confused:

16. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Not seen that one yet Katy, was it any good? :icon_smile:

17. Katy_P

Katy_P New Member

The grey was great a really good film, the ending wasnt what i expected and it really makes you jump too, excellent acting though i would recommend it.

18. Moleie

Moleie New Member

I saw "midnight in Paris" last night.. like a grown ups 'Bill and Ted', I really liked it although it made me feel a little under educated as I didn't know who all the people were

19. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Still not seen that one!

Did anyone watch "The Postman Always Rings Twice" last night? I fell asleep... again!... so missed the ending. :icon_sad:

Jack Nicholson played a decent part but I think he was much better as a pro golfer.

20. Derc

Derc New Member

21. halliclone

halliclone New Member

You can't tease me with that one anymore Dercy me old pal, I've just downloaded the book onto my E-reader and I am reading it backwards! :p