1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Star Wars

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Daimo, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Daimo

Daimo Member

Who's going to see it then?

I'm booked for the midnight showing at Kirkstall tonight

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I would have gone for the midnight showing but I couldn't get any time off work the following morning! I've got tickets but not until Sunday, it's going to be a LONG wait.

4. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    booking tickets for Imax between Christmas and New Year at the Media Museum. will need to avoid most social media / news websites to avoid any spoilers!

Sky Movies showed all 6 in a row on Sunday, very decent way to pass the afternoon!

Daimo likes this.
  5. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Sunday for me.

6. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    I can't say I'm too fussed for it. Loved the original ones but I was re-watching episode 1 not so long ago and I couldn't help but cringe. Can't imagine what Disney are going to have done to it.

7. Daimo

Daimo Member

Fantastic. Definitely a throw back to the original trilogy in terms of the look, humour and story telling. I would probably say I preferred it to Jedi, although a few plot points left me thinking I knew that was coming. Solid film and should be a good start to the second trilogy.

Kylo Ren is bloody brilliant

8. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

We'll be going but I will let the madness die down a little first.

9. Mr Gary C

Enjoyed it. The baddy is a bit shit though.

10. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Seen it. Was alright. Better than Phantom Menace. Kinda felt like a "best of" I a lot of ways. Fan service.

New baddy was a bit shit, got his ass handed to him by someone who'd never even handled a light saber before. About as dangerous as a runny nose.

11. Mr Gary C

My thoughts as well.