1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Soon to move in

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by mobilerad76, May 5, 2012.

1. mobilerad76

mobilerad76 New Member

Hi Everyone! :icon_smile:

I am staring a new job soon in Armley, Leeds. Been to Gomersal once and i really liked the place with all the open spaces and greenery and has a quite family feel to it. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place like it which is near to Armley & close to the city centre for a small family to settle in? I have two boys, eldest is 9 & the youngest is 2. Suggestions for schools would be appriciated as well. Hope you guys can help, anywhere within 5 miles of Tower Court, Armley. Thank you.

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I don't know enough about that area of Leeds to recommend housing, but you can check this page for a list of schools. (I searched on the post code for Tower Court) http://www.thefamilyhubleeds.org/catSearch.aspx?s=30.5.3.1

Don't forget that you will also need to consider High Schools, as applications have to be made by the end of October in Year 6.

4. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

I can highly recommend 5 lanes Primary in Wortley. It's a lovely school which my two boys go to.

My mum lives in Lower Wortley which is nice. I live in Armley, which I like but if I could afford it would probably live in Farsley. I used to rent a house in Farsley which was lovely. There are also some lovely areas in Pudsey, Bramley and Rodley too. Rodley has a really nice nature reserve which is fab for a Sunday morning walk with the little ones.

5. mobilerad76

mobilerad76 New Member

Thanks everyone for the advice.