1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Some Holland promotion

Discussion in 'Music Chat' started by fellowshade, Aug 23, 2015.

1. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Pleae allow me every now and then to show you some of the music i grew up with...big hits in Holland but unknown to the rest of the world..

Now you all will know Venus by the Shocking blue i guess? Well , in Holland this band had a lot more hits, and great songs for that .
    You think the Sex pistols or ven the New york dolls did punkrock first? Mmm...not really...just listen to this...play loud!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Shocking Blue are the Love Buzz ones, am I right?

4. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Indeed they were!

5. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    But of course there was more..
    back in the 1970's Jan Akkerman was voted best guitarist by the USA magazine Guitar player...and this was jan Akkermans first band . And you can hear that even in 1966 he knew how to play ...fast as lightning. Reached no 11 in the Dutch charts but nevertheless became a classic.

6. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    And of course there is a thing as Dutch blues...well, not much of it of course .
    But Cuby and the blizzards made some nice records...

Enjoy!

7. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Some metal then..the Gathering...to my ears one of the best metal songs ever...

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  8. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    The golden earing...everybody knows the Golden earing....Radar love indeed...a song wich would have made every English or American band proud..
    But do you actually know any other songs by the Golden Earring? Or Golden earrings as they were called before they changed singers? I fear not!
    Wich is a shame because they have made some impressive songs during their long running career...

Or this...the boombastic just a little piece...

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  9. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Oh well...

10. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Ok....Supersister....remember We got a fuzzbox and we're gonna use it? Was a nice band until a big record company took them in...ruined the whole band...shame..
    But talking about using a fuzzbox ; Supersister knew how to do it...seems like an easy going song but the sting is in the tail!

11. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    And of course we had some one hit wonders...made it big in Holland Belgium and Germany..

And was never heard of again....

12. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Unit Gloria: Hear them typical typical Dutch violins wich were present on every Dutch single that came out that era!

13. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Something more "now" then.....Racoon!

14. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Earth and fire...no, not earth, WIND and fire.....just Earth and fire.
    Had a string of hits wich still hold their own today....classic organ,even (i think) a mellotron,good singer and a great guitarist..what more can one wish for?

Live!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  15. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Rockbalads...early eighties...yes we had 'm!
    Van den Berg...band of guitarist Ad van den Berg who would later join Whitesnake..

Love the tiger-print suit! very Stylish!

Enjoy!

16. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Some more modern music then: Anouk!
    Girl singer who is enjoying rather a big career in Holland!
    We even send her to the Eurovision song contest wich normally acts as a career killer in Holland ,but not so with Anouk.
    Not an easy going lady but enough talent to let her go her way . Enjoy!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  17. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Engrish...i know, i do it a lot...English not my native language so every now and then a little mistake may pop up...nevermind!
    But also these little mistakes happened.a few times in Dutch hitsongs....It is English, but not really..

18. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    And talking about Sandy Coast...Capitol punishment!

19. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    The shoes! There are a lot of singers who sound like anybody else..How many Eddie Vedder soundalikes have you heard in your life? Huh?
    Wel,none of this for the singer of the Shoes...a unique voice as ever there was.

And listen to the beautifull Osaka!

(sporting the lovely sentence ''Love her sweet behind, it's Always on my mind.'')

20. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Meant to make it big but just didn't. Shame....two great albums ! Urban dance squad!

21. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Di-rect!
    Started out as a sort of a Boyband...actually played their instruments....a nice live band, but the band really improved when their lead singer started a solo career (think Limahl of kajacoogoo) and they got a new singer . Then added a keyboard player and became a really good band!

And i also would like to add that they are rather good at covering songs;