1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

So, then: in or out?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Agent_W, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Well said. Mixed feelings over here in Holland. We can understand those who voted leave but we do not think it was a very smart decision.

4. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

I heard that Holland is fairly keen to leave also?
    Come join us and make a New European Union.

5. fellowshade

fellowshade Member

Favourite Bands:
    The Tubes
    Like the EEG once was?

6. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

Take the best parts of that, but we should build something new from the ground up.

7. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Last I heard that was up to a million and half signatures, which is nice, but it's not going to happen.

The best bet is to delay the triggering of Article 50, which the EU want us to do. Seemingly, we're not keen.

It's amazing how a majority of 58-42 is a ringing endorsement, but a majority of 27-1 is "hang the **** on a minute and don't force us into anything". It's almost like we haven't got a plan or anything.

We've no Prime Minister. We've no Chancellor (dunno where he is - he's not been seen or heard of since the result, so I'm going to assume he's holed up somewhere supporting Colombian industry). We've no plan. The pound's fucked. Nobody knows what it's worth, so nobody's trading it. Thomas Cook won't even change it into euros.

That £350m a week isn't going to go to the NHS, because it was a made-up number anyway. 6:53am on Friday that was confirmed by Farage. And Dan Hannan confirmed shortly afterwards that immigration numbers aren't going to change. If you voted Leave, you've been had. And so have the rest of us. Cheers.

The NF have been out, unchallenged, in Newcastle today, with a banner reading "REPATRIATION NOW".

And Corbyn has to quit because he didn't stand shoulder-to-shoulder with a bloke who called him a threat to national security, so somehow all of this is his fault.

Welcome to "post-fact politics", which is now apparently a thing that we all have to deal with. My off-the-cuff notes suggest that it's just about shouting about any old shit without evidence or reason, just to get people to vote the way you want. It doesn't have to stand up to any analysis, it's just about getting a mandate for any batshit idea you might have, and **** the consequences. All that is somebody else's problem. They might be lying in a gutter with a kicked-in head, but **** 'em. Not your problem. Theirs.

8. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

9. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

You must have been listening a while ago then, it's nearer to 3 million now; it might have got there by the time you read this.

I cannot see much sense in that, except to allow time for the decision to be overturned. That is the better bet.

Yes, that has me puzzled also.

So there is a silver lining.

The NF have been out, unchallenged, in Newcastle today, with a banner reading "REPATRIATION NOW".

And Corbyn has to quit because he didn't stand shoulder-to-shoulder with a bloke who called him a threat to national security, so somehow all of this is his fault.

Well this is the problem that we need to address, and thank goodness to the referendum for exposing it so thoroughly.

10. alfonse

alfonse Member

Delighted to see so many mardarses chucking their toys out of their prams after Warboy Benn's dismissal. Attention seeking Red Tory twats. **** 'em.

11. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

12. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Going well, isn't it?

13. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

I've not heard any relevant news today, but there's a couple of days left for George to be proven right.

14. alfonse

alfonse Member

Anyroad, Tick Tick Tick, eh Tony?

15. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    I just can't wait for this Chilcot Report to come out next week. That's blatently what this blairite scum coup is all about, and not Jeremys half arsed remain campaign

If J-Corbz can just hang in until next week hopefully he'll have the last laugh,(as much as you can do at a war) and then come out with some sort of strategy to push forward. I don't even think leaving the EU would be a bad thing if we had a more left leaning government, we just need someone with principle to drive it forward whilst looking after the working classes and the vulnerable. The EU can be just as bad as the tories in my opinion.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  16. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

I think we should probably leave the EU, but we ought to have a decent go at sorting out some of the problems first, and we certainly should not leave on the strength of such a slim and dodgy vote.

17. sevenhills

sevenhills Active Member

The London stock market is still down, meaning that the companies that we have our pensions in are worth less, pensioners retiring now would do well to postpone it.
    We need a Government to look after the average family, that might have been Michael Gove, but I think he is a little unbalanced.

18. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Tony's voice seems to have risen an octave. Are his balls in some sort of vice?

19. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

It only matters to George these days that he's right, unfortunately. And on this one, he's wrong.

I try to give him a bit of leeway now and again, I honestly do. But all the time, I have it in the back of my mind that he's a bumptious, self-serving, egotistical **** who once ran over my foot in his Jag.

Mr Gary C likes this.
  20. alfonse

alfonse Member

it's a nice thought