1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

sleeping forum

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by harrygarner, Apr 3, 2016.

1. harrygarner

harrygarner Member

Seems that this forum has lost its mojo

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. tome

tome Active Member

Agreed.

Perhaps the forum platform itself has had it's day. I have noticed that other special interest forums I frequent have way less traffic than 10 years ago.

Also the younger demographic don't seem to have taken to the art of discussion and perhaps prefer to express themselves now with emoji, the new language of the socially illiterate.

4. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

The likes of facebook and twitter do seem to have overtaken the forum mode of social media, I agree. I do think forums still have their place though, easier to have discussions on set topics (and find them again!) being one reason.

If people will post on a forum, others will hopefully come back to see and answer new content,

5. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am that busy with work at the moment (even after work, I'm working an hour or two most days, and weekends too) that I don't get much chance to visit, never mind post.

6. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    I have a new baby and so am also a bit too busy to post much.

Also with a new baby I'm not going to any gigs or fancy restaurants so haven't got much to say either. Unless anyone wants to talk about nappies.

7. tome

tome Active Member

[​IMG]

harrygarner likes this.
  8. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

I still like this forum, but on the whole, forums have died out, especially with social media being more instant and people being able to engage with their select friends.

It's still a lot busier than most forums and there's some lovely people on here.

I've made loads of friends through this forum and it is still a good source of information, opinion and a place for help and advice.

9. GregB

GregB Active Member

That would just end up being full of shit :eek:

Cowl2 likes this.
  10. harrygarner

harrygarner Member

Thanks for the comments

11. Bring back Fast Freddy !!

Croggy likes this.
  12. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

He certainly made things 'interesting' for a while, Ramsdens!

ramsdenschippy likes this.
  13. He sure did Croggy!!

14. tome

tome Active Member

15. Agent_W

Agent_W Active Member

Rather than moaning about it, you could ... oh I dunno ... post more? Just a suggestion, like.

You don't have to wait for someone else to post a topic. The other members of the forum do not exist just for your entertainment. It's not a one-way thing. It's not just people posting stuff for you to read; you have to get involved.

Apologies if that seems harsh. I'm tired to bits and am not sure what seems a reasonable observation any more. If you want it to be more lively, be more lively yourself. You're part of it. You have a say on where it goes. Don't be passive and whiny. That sucks.

16. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

We need a new 'best thread ever' or even another 'crap jokes' thread.

17. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

I don't spend anywhere near as much time at my desk as I used to. I'm always in meetings or off site. It's not like the good old days of 2006 haha.