1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Singalong or Karaoke?

Discussion in 'Introductions & Celebrations' started by jackdaly, Aug 28, 2014.

1. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

Where I live in the West Country music is extremely rare in Pubs so when I am In Leeds visiting family I make a point of going to the Woodman Pub on Selby Rd. Halton where there is live Music on a Saturday night. (If you are under 50 years old STOP reading this now) there is a guy playing an electric Piano/Organ who is brilliant and after 7.30 pm it is not easy to get a seat in there. At about 8.30 Frank Sinatra (2 or 3) Dean Martin (maybe 2or 3) and numerous Connie Francis'es and Brenda Lees plus the odd Doris Day make an appearance. The Music man Dave there prides himself on being able to play anything you require accompanying and after being in residence there for nearly 20 years I guess he is correct. though anyone young going in there would probably be shocked at the sight of so many "Blue rinse and older fellows " it is a great evening with the advantage of being open until 12 oclock.
    So the beer prices are a "bit topped up but for an old "Beeswinger" like myself it is a must for me each time I return to my beloved Leeds.
    If you are like me who years ago haunted the White Horse York Rd. Slip Inn, Haddon Hall etc. you will love it.

If there is anywhere like this in town please let me know.

(Must go now and get my 60s mohair suit out of the ward robe and try it on)
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

My Pal has just told me that this Pianist is now playing Sunday nights at the Beaulah, Pub Tong Road with the opportunity for Singers to go along and do their stuff.