1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Should Drugs be Legalised?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by KooK, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

There was a change in the law recently to change this. They are now class A.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. nevben

nevben New Member

When one looks at the cost of supporting people who are on the Methadone programme and the numbers there are, it would seem the question of legality has no influence on whether people take them of not and it could be argued that the fact that they are illegal may make people more likely to take them.

4. Derc

Derc New Member

Sure ABC, didn't think you'd smoke in bed, not even after #exercising.
    Well worth asking the doc for prescriptannabis. Go for it.

5. closedaccount1

closedaccount1 New Member

That's crazy talk. If drugs were legal everyone would take them and society would collapse.

6. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

Yes, I see your point.

7. nevben

nevben New Member

You seem to have missed the point I was trying to make, drugs are ILLEGAL, yet we spend a small fortune on the Methadone programme.
    People go to court for offences committed to supporting their habit, they are seen by the courts as people needing help to get off drugs and get a somewhat reduced sentence than there crime deserves.
    I think that the society you speak of has already gone some distance towards the collapse you speak of.
    Look at Anthony Worrel-Thompson, he was caught shoplifting, said he was going to seek treatment and did not even have to go to court ??????????????
    Ditto Richard Madeley some years ago.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  8. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

You should read back a few posts. ;)

9. leedsman1954

leedsman1954 Member

Legalities aside, it seems that the active ingredients in the cannabis plant are useful in fighting diseases, including that most awful one, cancer. I feel it is absolutely wicked that people can't legally grow this in order to fight disease, especially when "they" cannot do anything else for you. Search online for "cannabinoids AND cancer" and lots of positive references will come up. Also check out www.phoenixtears.ca.

10. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

Cannabis was a gateway drug for me. I first tried it in my early 20's and although I could take it or leave it I ended up hooked (and still am) on a worse drug the addiction to which I am having big problems giving up.

That drug?

Tobacco

I didn't smoke before I tried cannabis. I stopped doing cannabis years ago, but now I am a full on smoker.

11. Geordie exile

Geordie exile New Member

This is very pertinent.

My dear old Dad always said that if someone uses drugs or alcohol as an excuse for committing offences, their sentence should be doubled rather than reduced.

12. scotv ous

scotv ous New Member

Pyschiatric units are full of psychotic kids, theres a new skunk, a tripper. it will help with pain too, but its illegal, lots of things are illegal, skunk is usually grown for mass profit, alcohol is much safer, you can drink it anywhere and not get arrested, but ive buried a dozen pals in last 12 months, its a killer, skunk maybe wont kill ya, but why take it, life is for living, not dying for a joint.... is your kids smoking drugs...no? my mum n dad didnt have a clue, their kids were getting stoned AT 10YRS OLD... denial will kill

13. closedaccount1

Right on! We should make the drugs more illegal so the childrun don't take them anymore. The new skunk weed is bad stuff. If only we could make it illegal enough people would stop frying their mind and stick to nice wholesome alcohol.

14. Leeds

Leeds New Member

I think cannabis should be legalised. If I was a parent I'd rather my 15 year old son smoke cannabis than drink alcohol to be honest.

Cocaine and heroine on the other hand are just vile, nasty drugs

15. Leeds

Leeds New Member

Why doesn't everyone smoke or drink alcohol then? Why hasn't society collapsed due to everyone being drunk 24/7? :icon_lol:

16. AcidMouse

AcidMouse New Member

lol is this a serious point or just jesting?

17. closedaccount1

Drugs are no joking matter. Didn't you see the post by scotv ous about the new tripper skunk turning the childrun into psychos?

18. AcidMouse

AcidMouse New Member

Erm yes, but debating if a specfic drug is bad for you or not has no relation to the statement you make..If you have any evidence of this society collapse I am more then happy to read it.

Sadly there is none. If we look at societys, tribes, countries throughtout history or even present day where there is no form of legislation to stop people injecting/smoking whatever they want I am pretty sure everyone does not take it and society is alive and kicking there.

If I go on holiday to a place where something is no illegal like this country I dont feel the need to indulge, strangely enough I make a grown up decision getting off my head legal or not is not my thing. If people wish to do it thats their choice as long as it does not effect me or society as a whole.

I would worry much more about booze and its costs on this country that the few hundred that 'do' skunk and end up psycho's.

It's all about balance and being sensible, making something illegal or not rarely has much effect when its been introduced throughtout history for items, drugs or acts..Believing it will have a huge effect other than making some skank dealers a little richer is optimistic.

I know now u trolling from previous statements sigh..ahh well.

Last edited: May 13, 2012
  19. scotv ous

scotv ous New Member

WHY DO WE NEED TO SMOKE A MIND ALTERING DRUG OR GET DRUNK ? why ? is nobody happy enough to enjoy life without unatural dope/drugs/
    i feel sorry for addicts/alkie. there is so much to do and not enough time, this isnt a rehearsal, addiction leads to apathy/depression/mania/fear/ and prison...yep 99% of people in jail are in there as a result of being drunk/stoned/psychotic on recreational/dangerous...drugs, fact!! dont tell me you smoke and feel ok, dont tell me you have 10 pints and do anybody no harm, dont tell me, tell me why? why do you drink/take drugs/feel the need to cop out of reality with hard drugs, feeding the dealers. the barons, the graveyards...enuf

20. closedaccount1

I heard it's 150%. Some people are actually in prison twice after getting drunk on psychotic dangerous drugs. Their sense of time is distorted so they live each moment twice. Fact.

When will this nightmare end? We desperately need to lock up more evil druggies. That will solve it.