1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Shipley is so full of crap...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Hairyloon, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

Or it appears to be so, based upon its representation in the House:
    Or in plainer English: there was a proposal in Parliament to allow carers free parking at hospitals which Shipley has put a stop to; not, as any reasonable entity would do, through productive discussion, but by dint of spouting so much crap that progress was drowned in it.

I cannot think of any argument as to why carers ought not to have free parking when they need to go to hospital, let alone a good one... anybody from Shipley like to present a defence?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Philip Davies is a massive git. I have no idea why the people of Shipley keep voting him in.

Here he is lying before the election:

[​IMG]

4. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
  5. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Yeah: I'd echo the fact that I don't think there's a defence. I think it's disgusting that you have to pay for parking at a hospital.

6. JohnnoLS8

JohnnoLS8 Member

He's a lying toad. Typical Tory.

7. GregB

GregB Active Member

He is a total bell end.

8. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

This is the same Philip Davies who said that legalising same-sex marriage discriminates against straight people

9. tome

tome Active Member

Well he did speak up for carers, droning on for 90 minutes to deliberately scupper a Labour initiated bill to HELP carers. He has vowed to carry on this odious tradition of filibustering to please his own toxic vanity. Shame on those people of Shipley who put him there to do that.

There's a common theme to this Tory behaviour which they routinely enjoy. On Wednesday, Jeremy Corbyn slapped them down at PMQs, "This is NOT entertainment!"

10. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

So how upset are you that he is representing you all as being so full of crap?
    Enough that you'll join the campaign to get him out?
    Turnout 71.7% and he got 50% of that: can't really blame voter apathy or a dodgy electoral system: he is their true representative.

I propose that we place an embargo on Shipley unless their MP steps down or wears a gag for the rest of the term.

11. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

12. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    is there a campaign to get him out? i live near there and have seen/heard nothing about one?

13. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

If there is not one, then perhaps we should start one.

14. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

He fights his campaigns on local issues: improved transport infrastructure, limiting disturbance from the airport and opposing unpopular developments. From that point of view he is the people's choice, the problem is what he does beyond that.

15. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

So in other words, Shipley is entirely selfish.

16. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Hmm, a good constituency MP is supposed to do such things.

17. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

Exactly, it is a shame he's a bit of a tosser in other matters. But if he could of stopped the incinerator being built in my back garden I'd of voted for him.

18. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    He has been very vocal in his opposition of the proposed new Sainsburys at the top of Saltaire High Street. That is the overwhelming opinion of the locals too.
    maybe the voters see him as 'fighting the good fight' on their doorstep and are (unfortunately) unaware of his other political ideals

Staypuff likes this.
  19. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    He's a lot more than that.

20. Mexico75

Mexico75 Active Member

Yeah I know, I have a habit of understating things. When I read that article someone posted earlier I wanted to headbutt him right in his stupid smug face.

21. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

How much better could he do those things if he was not so busy spouting shit?
    It must take some considerable effort to write a speech that lasts an hour and a half without it saying anything helpful.