1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Scran n'that

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by millario, Aug 22, 2014.

1. O Captain

O Captain New Member

Favourite Bands:
    death cab for cutie
    Tapped are very expensive (Though I imagine the rates on that place are skyhigh). In fairness though, they are transparent about their prices (cask and keg at least), so there's no shock/embarrassment factor after ordering a pricey pint.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

Ecco does what Box are trying to do much, much better in my opinion.

4. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Yeah, they're very good. Quality ingredients on the top right there.

5. millario

millario Member

Favourite Bands:
    Mogwai and Seafood
    We have a Pizza Hut* in Bradford, does that count?

*actually not sure if we do anymore.

6. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    This got me thinking a bit, in about 90% of bars prices are a bit of a mystery arent they. Yeah they usually have a tarrif on a sheet of A4 in tiny writing somewhere but good luck finding it. Ordering drinks, especially bottles of something like a Sam Adams, is a complete and utter crap shoot in most places. This needs to change, it doesnt happen elsewhere. Can you imagine going to buy some CDs and only finding out how much they are once youd taken them to the till?

7. O Captain

O Captain New Member

Favourite Bands:
    death cab for cutie
    Yep, it doesn't take much does it to pop a little pricing tag on there. It doesn't even have to look tacky (Tapped kinda does, but Friends of Ham have little chalk boards).
    I can get it with constantly changing bottled beers, but they should be more transparent on the keg/cask

8. millario

millario Member

Favourite Bands:
    Mogwai and Seafood
    Thirsty now.

9. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think
    Belgrave is rather a large place and must have cost a fair bit. Their music policy on a weekend suggests they really need as many people through the door as possible paying as much as possible. Could be wrong but that's my perception.

10. idb

idb Member

Favourite Bands:
    Indie
    I always gravitate towards The Social when in Leeds. I like the fact the display the prices of the beers on the bar.

11. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Is this really so hard? (The West Riding in Dewsbury for those who are wondering)

[​IMG]

12. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think
    It's something I've mentioned before with regards to North Bar.

13. Ayala

Ayala Member

Favourite Bands:
    punk
    I get the issue with prices but it can't be too hard to ask can it?

Also, a lot of places have mentioned to me when I've ordered something that it's x for a half. I think that's only sensible as a lot of these beers cost a fair whack based on more than volume which can catch people out.

14. Lavalas

Lavalas Member

Favourite Bands:
    Do Make Say Think
    Well by the same token it can't be that hard to display the prices can it? It would save everybody having to ask the question. People seem to get defensive about bars not showing prices but I never really understand why.

15. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Schneider WeiB on tap for a quid more than it is for a 500ml bottle at the German market ha. Something slightly wrong there. Good list of grogs there though. Amusing that they've put Brewdog at the top so that hipsters don't have to bother looking down a list if they were to venture there.

16. Toby

Toby Member

Favourite Bands:
    Springsteen
    Bloody hell, I'll check them out ASAP then as I really love Box Pizza so anything similar is worth a ganders.

17. Tom Russia

Tom Russia New Member

Yeah, Ecco is pretty amazing. I sometimes find that they go a little overboard on the size/doughiness of their crusts but it's a minor quibble. Their marinated wood fired chicken is amazing too.

18. Owen

Owen New Member

Schneider Weisse Tap 7 is a bottle beer Benny. But anyway.

19. millario

millario Member

Favourite Bands:
    Mogwai and Seafood
    Ended up sharing a burger from Kerbedge & a Dogtown hotdog at Trinity. The burger won.

20. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Yep, those kerbedge burgers are great, not priced to take the piss either

21. dempseyleeds

dempseyleeds Member

Really? I had a kerbedge burger and it was absolutely awful. the burger filled about a quarter of the bun it was served in. Initially they got my order wrong. The chips were limp and undercooked. The burger actually tasted like it might have been off. Definitely the worst ive had in trinity so far.