1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Safe As Milk Festival

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by runaways, Mar 30, 2017.

1. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    Just heard on the radio that Safe As Milk festival has cancelled due to low ticket sales, pretty sad but this seems to be common these days, even when independent festivals do sell well. It was another one of these pontins type affairs, lots of great indie artists due to perform.

https://safeasmilkfestival.com/

I wasn't gonna go but I had my eye on it, really wanted to see CIRCLE, Michael Rother, Butthole Surfers, Karen Gwyer, Warm Digits, Cosmic Dead, plus a ton more. Could be an opportunity for promotors to help some of the smaller artists out with some dates?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    Ah man, the line up for this was awesome and I would have totally gone if it wasn't for having a tiny baby.

Is this everyone wary of these things cos of Hogan and ATP?

4. runaways

runaways Member

Favourite Bands:
    kyuss
    Yeah it's always a worry I guess, but ATP seemed like it was going to be a staple festival for the future with all the hype and interest around it. Seems that within the last 18 months we've seen ATP fail, Temples try carry on after been overwhelmed with debt.. then fail... has there been any more?

5. GregB

GregB Active Member

There are just way too many festivals and it's inevitable that some go to the wall.

This one was a great line up but using the same venue as the last ATP cluster**** was a really bad idea from the outset.