1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Rum

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by Lizisbest, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Lizisbest

Lizisbest New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Something Afro
    I remember there being quite a few rum quaffers on here, can anyone recommend a good rum to buy as a gift?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Automaton

Automaton Member

White, dark, spiced, aged?
    how much would you ideally spend?

If you go to that shop next to wax /sela bar they will let you test a couple.

Chairmans Spiced is the one i enjoy most at the moment. You can have it neat but the flavours come through really well with a mixer too.

4. Lizisbest

Lizisbest New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Something Afro
    I have no idea. I'll get him a bottle of Chairmans - it's the thought that counts.

5. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    Goslings Gold Bermuda rum is a good one. I also had a bottle of Ron Zacapa recently which was lovely.

6. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

rum is my favourite drink.

Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva.

Or a nice bottle of Lambs ha.

7. ohgee

ohgee New Member

Has anybody tried that Kraken stuff? I got very drunk on that at Supersonic one year. I had a bad cold and was trying to drink through it. I remember it as very good, but it might have actually tasted like piss.

8. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    Kraken is pretty good, quite a bit of a licorice flavour to it. Not the best, but certainly not unpleasant

a mate once heard someone order a Kraken and coke in Wetherspoons (it is the wetherspoons rum of choice i think). I wouldn't like to imagine what that tasted like...

9. ohgee

ohgee New Member

I was almost certainly drinking it with Coke at Supersonic. Oooops.

10. TMC

TMC Member

Favourite Bands:
    Proud Mary
    if you did that with a bad cold, there is always the hope that your taste was somewhat modified. It's definitely worth a try neat though!

11. ohgee

ohgee New Member

I'll give it a go next time I'm allowed to drink (likely 2016 - no kidding!).

12. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Diplimatico Exclusiva Reserva
    Pyrat XO
    Eldorado 5yr/8yr/12yr
    Appleton Estate 8yr/12yr
    Woods 100 (not for sissies)
    Pussers Navy Rum

Theres lots of different types really, mixing rums, dark rums, navy rums, golden rums, aged rums. Horses for courses. Do you know what kind of stuff they like?

13. bongobenny

You have exactly my taste in rum. Like ridiculously so. That is my spot on favourite list of rums.

14. bongobenny

I used to have issues with rum and had to give it up for quite a few years. Now that I'm a (marginally more )responsible drinker I only have it occasionally because I find it dangerously addictive and I'd be smashed all the time...

This taken into account I have a lot of experience with rum. Has anyone else here ever suffered from the condition 'rum bum'? I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't

15. BALL OF SHIT

BALL OF SHIT Member

What is rum bum Benny. (not sure if I should have asked :shock: )

16. bongobenny

If you drink a lot of rum then it has some very odd and unfortunate consequences with the bowels.