1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Roughest pub in Leeds city centre?

Discussion in 'Leeds Events Diary' started by kerfuffle, Jul 6, 2010.

1. kerfuffle

kerfuffle New Member

There are a few around the markets and on the headrow that look decidedly shady but which is the roughest of them all?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. halliclone

halliclone New Member

None of them are rough! They all keep a good house and there is only trouble when an outsider decides to cause it. I drink in all of them at the weekend, there is a great social network here and we all get on just fine and help each other out in times of trouble. Many outsiders pop in and are always welcome and enjoy a drink and a laugh with the locals. Some HGV drivers from Kent have been with us for over twenty years. They deliver fruit and veg from the ports. They take leave to spend time up here, and myself and many of the Leeds boys have spent many a time down South with them.

4. Joe

Joe El Duderino

Myself and some of the lads from work decided to take a tour of the city centre "rough pubs" one Saturday afternoon and found most of them pleasantly friendly.

It was a few years back now but I remember going into quite a number of pubs (Three Legs, Vine, Horse & Trumpet, General Elliot, Regent, Duncan and some more that I can't remember) before we settled in the Old Royal Oak for an Irish style knees up.

Only once did we witness some roughness (a little bit of a ruck) and that was in The Duncan.

Generally I love the pubs in Leeds City Centre like Whitelocks & The Angel, its just a shame there aren't more with quality outdoor spaces.