1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Rickenbacker 4001 for sale

Discussion in 'Music Chat' started by omikin, Apr 10, 2014.

1. omikin

omikin New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Joy Division
    Hi there,

I have decided to sell my 1981 Rickenbacker 4001 in Jetglo. I love it to pieces but have to reluctantly concede that I'm more of a Fender P-bass man. I just don't pick it up as often so it's a shame to just leave it there.

It has a custom-made flight case so is well protected. It's 33 years old and has plenty of mojo... If you're after a pristine one, this isn't it. If you want an authentically road worn one, then this is your nirvana...

Thought I'd see if anyone here is interested before I stick it on eBay...

[​IMG]

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. mattk

mattk Member

price?

4. omikin

omikin New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Joy Division
    Oh yeah, that would be helpful, wouldn't it?

I'm looking for £850. Like I say, it's not pristine. The main cosmetic issues are some cracked varnish on the fretboard, and also the fact that the headstock has been repaired. The repair happened before either I or the previous owner had it, and has no effect on playability or staying in tune. It's barely noticeable unless you look for it.

It's been properly set up by Jim Fleeting in Ripon and has a lovely low action.

I know I'm going to regret selling it, but I do need to move it on.

Happy for interested parties to have a look / listen. I have more photos if people want, too.

5. omikin

omikin New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Joy Division
    Currently strung with flats, but I have a new set of Rotosound 45-105s I could put on it if that would be preferable to a buyer.