1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Prizes for posters!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by halliclone, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halliclone

halliclone New Member

There seems to be a lot of spectators, but not many posters.

Howsabout some kind of prize or incentive to get people posting? Any ideas anyone?:icon_smile:

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

That's a good suggestion thanks. Any suggestions on exactly how it would work - for example have you seen it elsewhere?

4. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

Mods/Admin could choose the top 5 new threads per month (based on the number of posted replies and the discussion created) and then open these 5 posts up for a members vote for the best. Of course this could create complications such as "you didn't pick my thread", "mods are discriminating against me"etc.

5. Malky

Malky New Member

Isn’t there something like that in place, I get emails informing me of the current top threads.

6. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Without a doubt.

Perhaps the members should vote for the top 5? After all they already dictate this in a way by the amount of hits or replies a thread gets.

7. halliclone

halliclone New Member

I have seen it used to great effect on another forum, the member with the highest post count was awarded £10,000.00 in cash.:hey::icon_wink:

No member of the moderation team or their friends, family, pets or social workers were allowed to enter the competition. ;)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  8. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

but that would get you a quick ban H and i would win:D:D

9. halliclone

halliclone New Member

Darn it! foiled again.:icon_lol::icon_wink:

10. stevej

stevej New Member

Offering prizes for people to post has to be the a sign of desperation,if you want more posters you could start by changing the admin and the mod team.
    I have it on very good authority that many of those who posted on a regular basis have been banned or left due to OTT moderation or the changing of posts without even a cursory explanation.
    Unless this happens I dont think you will change anything,just my take on the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.