1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Places to eat in Leeds

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Daniell, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Thanks for that tip Staypuff. Just looked it up on Mr Google and it looks really good. Will probably give this one a go.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Italiano

Italiano Member

I can certainly vouch for Kendall's as 5 of us went for the first time earlier this week and had a fab time

The 2 or 3 course set menu is good value if it's your first time and is available until 8.00 during the week if I remember correctly

It's not in the top 20 of Leeds Restaurants in Tripadvisor for nothing!

4. Stardust

Stardust Registered User

Me and hubby had an evening out last night and went to Da Mario's in the city centre.

I have been there a lot in the past but not for maybe 4 or 5 years. It was really nice. We arrived around 7.15pm and it wasn't too busy at all. We had the 3 course early bird menu, they let my hubby have pizza even though it was not an option. I had the chicken with mushroom in a white wine sauce and it was lovely.

The bill was £44 and that was for 3 courses for 2 people, one large glass of rose (over £5 on it's own) and 3 bottles of Peroni.

5. LateEvents.com

LateEvents.com New Member

I must say I love this topic.

I am quite fuss about where I go to enjoy a meal and I like also to write reviews on my blog about it.

It does depend on the occasion and the budget of course.

For Italian and Pizza lovers I would strongly recommend Salvo's in Headingley as the ingredients are coming straight from Italy (don't ask me how I know that, it is a fact)

Also Ecco Pizza was voted for Top 10 best pizzerias in the UK the only problem there is they don't serve Pork and for the Pizza Lovers thats a massive problem.

If we are looking for something First Date or Romantic to impress someone I would highly recommend Pintura Kitchen, Trinity there is no other experience like it.

For Stake lovers Rare, Low Briggate it is a must thing.

I shall try to stay on the top of this

6. Fastfreddy

Some good recomendations there.

7. Fastfreddy

Some good recomendations there.

8. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Da Mario's is decent. They do a really good calzone.

9. millario

millario Member

Favourite Bands:
    Mogwai and Seafood
    The guys who set up Stuzzi in Harrogate started at Salvo's. Stuzzi is ace. Not been to Salvos; is it worth the schlep out of town?

Rare's been on my list for a while. Might go for a sunday lunch and see if they manage to serve pink beef.

10. LateEvents.com

LateEvents.com New Member

Salvo's been 40 years on the market winning a lots of awards even few of them from Gordon Ramsey.
    Rare is pure quality of steak house.
    Shares Yards it is amazing too :)

Hope you will give a try them all and let me know how you feel.

Regards

Mario

11. Daniell

Daniell Registered User

This place is good, I first went there when it opened, the music was a little loud but the food was good.

12. millario

millario Member

Favourite Bands:
    Mogwai and Seafood
    Bit off-message given the 'Leeds'-ness of the thread and forum, (soz) but if any day-trippers find themselves in Halifax, we ate at Ricci's Place last week. Enjoyed it:

http://wp.me/p3Rnlb-3iE

(Another soz for posting this in the non-music bit, too. Should these threads be merged?)

13. D-from-London

D-from-London Member

14. Cowl2

Cowl2 Active Member

Favourite Bands:
    Fugazi
    See the Scran thread for eatings.

15. D-from-London

D-from-London Member

I'm afriad I have not idea what Scran means and when I did a search for scran I get "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later"

16. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

17. doc

doc Active Member

unusually nearly on page 3

18. bash

bash Member

re rosies diner i thought it was pretty terrible. poor staff, average food, just trying to ride the hype wave of american food. no better or worse than the chains it shares the retail park with.

pintura is just OK. once Iberica opens in town it will show them how its done.

Salvo's is worth the trip but be prepared to put your hand in your pocket, its fairly pricey for an italian. Service not memorable, so probably wasn't great. i'm going to be that annoying person who says it felt more atmospheric before the expansion. it looks a bit more uniform now. Zucco in meanwood is better.

19. bash

bash Member

looking down that list the really top places in leeds are notable by their absence. Its the kind of thing that average places need to bring the punters in. If they were busy and full at full price they wouldn't offer tastecard.... logical.