1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Places to eat in Leeds

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Daniell, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Daniell

Daniell Registered User

Hi guys and girls,

I'm hoping this thread will get users interacting with it.

I don't know about you guys but I eat food daily and I'm always looking for new things to try and possibly safe some money along the way.

The main idea of this thread is to get users interacting and to attract more people to locally owned businesses, in this case food shops!

So if you have visited a take out restaurant or a eat in restaurant that you think was worth the visit then post it below!

I'm going to start off with a few I've visited.

I'm happy to update the list if anyone would like to add their own suggestion.

Crunchies

These offer subs, wraps, panini's all for £3.

I always get the subs are they're better than subway in so many ways.

Mainly the fact the sub is actually hot when you receive it rather

than 10 second warm from the microwave. They also have a wide

range of fillings to choose from.

My choice: Meatball Sub, Meatfeast Sub, Tuna Sub

Price range: £

Category: Sandwiches

Mahmoods

Nicer alternative to McDonalds

Not only is this McCopy halal friendly but it also beats McDonalds in

so many ways the flavour being the main thing. I've never really liked McDonalds

so this is great for me. They do fried chicken, wraps, burgers, salads and more.

My Choice: Bombay Wrap, Quarter Pounder Meal

Price Range: £-££

Location: Meanwood Road, Opposite civil engineering university.

Category: Fast-food

MyLahore

Fast indian cuisine

Would only recommend this place if you are looking to spend more than £10 for 2 people.

These guys offer a wide range of desserts (Hard to miss them) and a good range of indian food.

There is nothing really for me to say about this place as I've only had one dish from here,

but when I visited they had good customer service, always cleaning their seating areas,

friendly staff, the only down point about this place is the lack of seating area.

My Choice: Keema and chips with nan bread.

Price Range: ££

Chicken Hut

Chicken, Chicken, Chick...en?

Chicken hut is great for budget eaters, they was based in Meanwood as well as Harehills

but due to profit loss they shutdown the Meanwood branch and kept the Harehills one.

They do meal deals which start from £2.50 I believe (Don't quote) with a choice of 14

set meal deals. Apart from the fact they charge £0.20 for a can of rubicon this place is great.

My Choice: Spicy Chicken Burger, fries and a drink £2.50

Price Range: £

This is all for now unfortunately but I do welcome you guys to make suggestions we can all take advantage of.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Fastfreddy

Fastfreddy Well-Known Member

Picolinos in Ilkley is realy nice. Great food and customer focused service. Cant praise it highly enough.

But you know what.....I really do like Macdonald, any of them. Chicken legend with mayo is just lovely.....i like Wetherspoons mixed grill and a pint as well.

A man of very simple needs.

4. Daniell

Daniell Registered User

Thanks for suggest. Gonna have to try it what kind of food is it?

5. Fastfreddy

It's Italian. They have a restaurant in colingham as well

6. And in City Centre Park Row.

7. Daniell

Daniell Registered User

Another suggestion for guys who like Caribbean food, is IslandGrill in LS7, black man lane. From the outside its not somewhere you'd want to eat I admit and the inside isn't any better but what comes out of that place is worth it as most meals are under £4.

8. Fastfreddy

Presently in the south of France enjoying beautiful provencal cooking. Are there any authentic French restaurants in leeds.

9. leedsvisitor

leedsvisitor Member

Does anyone know if the Cosmo restaurant in Trinity Leeds is reopening please? If not, could you recommend an alternative please?

10. There used to be La Grillade on Wellington St, but he moved to market place Ripon. Probably the nearest we have now is Sous Le Nez En Ville Quebec St.

11. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

12. Jack not too sure it was a long time ago, it was under the old Welesley Hotel there is some other restaurant there now. I was probably too worse for wear to notice the shape of the menu, though not on that Kimberley Ale muck they served upstairs. However I can remember the flamboyant French owner who turned up in Leeds in the 60's and stayed.

13. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

That's the one Pal great food, Happy days.

14. harrygarner

harrygarner Member

Home Sweet Home for me no one cooks better than my wife god bless her.

15. leedsman1954

leedsman1954 Member

I have absolutely no interest in eating out and only do it when invited for example. I like to know what I'm eating and how hygienically it is prepared. I'd rather have a bag of crisps and a KitKat if I'm away on business.

16. Produce Box

Produce Box New Member

Rosies Diner at Kirkstall is a really good eat out and would recommend it!

Viva Cuba for tapas just opposite the retail park at Kirkstall is also fantastic!

A place to avoid would be la feugos tapas in the city centre, it was a terrible experience from start to end!

17. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

That's good to hear Harry when can we all come round ?

18. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

I would recommend "Lils Café" which is upstairs in the building up on the left hand side of the Corn Exchange. you can get a full roast dinner with Yorkshire Puds for 1/6 and a sponge pudding and custard for afters is 3d..extra

Oops, sorry I was just in a time warp and that was 1951

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  19. millario

millario Member

Favourite Bands:
    Mogwai and Seafood
    As a curry-loving, Bradford food 'blogger' (ugh), My Lahore - despite the rubbish name - gets my vote as one of the best places in the city to get amongst the spicy stuff.

Our take on the best of the rest is here, if anyone's thinking of heading to Bratfud any time soon. And why wouldn't you be?

20. Fastfreddy

Leedsman you need to expand your horizons. If you are indeed worried about food hygene you can check out the restaurant of your choice on the food standards web site(s). The reports and marks are all there. So click away and enjoy some lovely food with confidence.

I know a bloke who choked himself on a bit of silver foil that was stuck to the underside of his Kit Kat so you see Kit Kats can be more dangerous than a Curry from Akbars. Sometimes you can miss a green crisp and then you have a horrible mould toxin in side you eating away.

21. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

I've heard rave reviews about Kendalls Bistro, it must be good as when I tried to book there was a 3 week waiting list!