1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Place where you can gathering mushrooms (forests, etc.)

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Marius, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Marius

Marius New Member

Hello everyone. I am new here (in Leeds). Our family likes to ride in the fall to the forest to collect mushrooms, of course edible :biggrin: (non-poisonous and magical). Maybe you know of places around town?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Hairyloon

Hairyloon Active Member

I don't know, but you could try here...
    I'm guessing that you're new in the UK, from the way you're talking in American.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  4. Bazzer

Bazzer New Member

We call it Autumn, but welcome. You'll find magic mushrooms everywhere, in fact Harrogate Council started cutting grass in their ample parks and greenery around dawn at one point to stop all those students getting free trips. You want to try walking though, that way you're not eight foot off the ground controlling an animal with a brain the size of a walnut while looking for them. Okay - not a walnut I know someones going to tell me off for that. The size of your hand then?

5. Derc

Derc New Member

Somethings mushroom looking are emerging in the lawn, white caps, creamy gills. The hens gave them a casual peck and moved on.
    There are many fungus sites including wiki but I'm no wiser. It is mentioned in wiki that mushrooms take on heavy metals including radioactive materials that chernobyl blessed us with in europe.
    I'll be sticking to supermarket mushies, apart from the occasional truffle forage in Bramley fall woods, I couln't say for certain but I believe horse riding is available there.

6. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

Dont mind a few mushrooms with a piece of steak but i only eat the closed cups as the cultivated mushroms are usually grown in manure. the Flat or open tops attract the flies. the popular open flat mushroom usually has hundreds of small beasties in its membrane, just have a look next time and i guarantee you will then only eat the closed cups. sorry if i have put anyone off but it is a fact.

7. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

There are quite a few mushrooms that seem to hang around outside the Tommy Wass Pub in Dewsbury Road. Shell suited and foul mouthed there are quite a few specimens gathered there most late afternoons.

8. Bazzer

Bazzer New Member

Lmao Jackdaly. Definition of a mushroom:- Kept in the dark and fed ****e.
    The species you saw listen to Rap, take drugs, not able to process weather reports hence T shirts in pouring rain, and stand still practicing evil stares unable to understand where they are.

9. jackdaly

jackdaly Member

That sounds spot on.

10. Derc

Derc New Member

Yep, on the button.