1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Passwords, it's not saving them

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by wiseguy, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

its not saving them or did i already post this

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Leeds Forum

Leeds Forum For Everything Leeds Staff Member

Re: Passwords, its not saving them

Hi Wiseguy, I changed your topic title to "Passwords, its not saving them" rather than "Passwords ,,,,,,,," so it's more useful if other people are looking for this question.

The password will be remembered from now on :)

4. wiseguy

wiseguy Registered User

yes sorted now thanx

5. maxholloway

maxholloway New Member

I'm still experiencing this problem

6. Derc

Derc New Member

You're not alone, does it remember anybody's ?

7. Joe

Joe El Duderino

It remembers mine... Are you ticking the little box?

8. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

It remembers mine fine, always has

What browser are you using Derc?

9. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

mine is fine oo, using Firefox

10. Derc

Derc New Member

Yes I always tick the box, every time.

Using Internet Explorer.

There are choices, Opera Browser, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, plus another 6 I've never heard of. I don't know if I install another browser, whether it will conflict with explorer, or sit quietly in the background until I require it. ? It's the OH's laptop and I'd be stuffed and roasted for Xmas if I changed anything

11. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

I'd have been more worried if you'd said Chrome actually, it sometimes has issues.

Check to make sure IE is saving cookies, it might be set to delete them when it exits, in which case it deletes the files that remembers you.

12. Malky

Malky New Member

If it remembers you while you are using the forum but then you have to reset it the next time you come on I would agree with Mr T, its your browser settings, if it is asking you to re-enter it for every post it would most likely be the box that isn’t ticked............ that’s coming from a computer novice so I may be wrong. :icon_lol:

13. dervish99

You should be able to run explorer and firefox together no problem. They will both ask you when you first open them to set them as default browser, just tick the do not check next time box and they will run happily together, but it may not solve your problem, it seems to be a cookie saving issue as MR TD said.

14. Derc

Derc New Member

Hi Guys, thanks for your suggestions, I am in 2 poultry forums and have got used to typing in the first letter of my name and it sorts the rest out along with the pass word.

I took a look in security settings - Internet zone - User authentication - Logon, and found :-
    'Anonymous Logon'
    'Automatic Logon only in Internet zone'..... this one is ticked
    'Automatic Logon with current user name and password'
    'Prompt for user name and password'

'Reset custom settings' button is showing - 'Medium-High' (Default)

Not sure if I'm even in the right 'settings area'
    regards D

15. dervish99

In Firefox go to tools - options - tick accept cookies from third parties, and select until they expire.

16. Derc

Derc New Member

Hi Derv, MrT and Malky, have installed Firefox, works a treat. Just have to remember to click on the icon to begin with. I did notice the Chrome icon at the bottom of the screen, I uninstalled it, just as an extra precaution. Thanks for your help, regards, Derc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.