1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Open Mic nights

Discussion in 'Musician Resources' started by Al2001, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Al2001

Al2001 Member

Did there used to be a list of open mic nights in the Musicians Resources bit or does my memory decieve me? Maybe there should be one there anyway.

Does anyone have a list, or just want to recommend their favourite open mic night?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. TheLostArt

TheLostArt Member

Tuesday nights at The Ship on Briggate!

Tiny and fairly quiet, but a good low pressure environment and a nice atmosphere.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who does one need to come and see when rocking up to Open mic at The Ship then?

5. TheLostArt

TheLostArt Member

Ben Greaves - known as bongobenny on here.

I'm surprised no-one's added any other open mic nights on here - I'm sure there's loads!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think there's an open mic at the pm lounge in shipley, and now and again at delius in bradford... never played one mind!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thursdays at the Primrose.

Something at the Grove on some night of the week or other.

8. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Aye, open mics aren't as popular here as they were when I used to do them every night..It's all about the acoustic nights. Mondays Lyrically Justified at Carpe, Tuesdays Ship, my night 9 til 11. wednesday, Clique night at the Grove, Thursday not even sure any more, Friday, nothing, Saturday, nyet, Sunday, er..Not sure. Someone needs to start a goodun.

9. Al2001

Al2001 Member

Primrose's myspace says open mic is on Tuesday, not Thurs. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

10. Cloth Cat

Cloth Cat Member

Yes, The Primrose is running their open mic on a Tuesday now. Cloth Cat is starting a new open mic at The Chemic in Woodhouse on Thursdays starting on 10th April. This will run every 2nd, 3rd & 4th Thursday in the month. It's been a while since we finished our last run down at The Primmy and it will be good to be back promoting grassroots talent in a totally open mic way. It will be starting at around 8pm so if you want to perform, come and put your name down early.

11. RobDee

RobDee New Member

Theres one at Harry's Bar, just off Westgate (about a minute walk from wakefield westgate station) on a monday

12. Daimo

Daimo Member

The New Inn in Barwick in Elmet. Last sunday of the month

13. littleelvis

littleelvis New Member

the primrose every tuesday night, a great night out.

14. Friday Nights - Red Lion Otley

15. performingchimp

performingchimp New Member

"Compere"

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every other Tuesday there's an open mic at Baraka on Queens Road in Hyde Park - you can bring your own booze too! It's £3 to get in but free if you're performing. There's also an all you can eat Morroccan stlye buffet for £5 if you're hungry. It usually ends up as a massive bongo jam but there a few solo performers - very laid back atmosphere and there is sheesha on sale too for those that are inclined. A good night for anyone looking for an alternative to a pub open mic!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi
    My website is www.anystyle.co.uk and this is set up to help people know where the open mike nights are. its free please get good use out of it. also if anyone is running a night that is not listed let me know and i,ll gladly put you are free listing up.
    keep rockin
    KCblues

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Acoustic evening @ Bar Risa on Fridays from 4, right in Leeds city centre. Nice open space and relaxed environment. Contact antdsouza@gmail.com if you fancy playing

19. SLOTHKING

SLOTHKING New Member

i think theres one at the chemic on thursday

20. 309 studios

309 studios New Member

Yes there is a good one at The Chemic,

It's every thursaday EXCEPT the first thursday in the month.

Kev.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

309 rehearsal studios - Meanwood Road, Leeds. Call 0113 245 33 77 or 07594 371 404 for bookings or info.

High Quality PA and Backline available including:
    Mesa Boogie, Marshall, Ludwig, Line 6, Fender, Randall, Vox, AKG, Remo

Brand New Clean and Tidy Purpose Built Rooms.

Bookings by the hour from as little as £4 off peak

'All inclusive' Peak Time Deals for 4 hour rehearsals with all the gear you need - £30 small room, £40 medium room, £50 large room.

http://www.309studios.co.uk
    http://www.myspace.com/309studios

:band:

21. danny_gruff

danny_gruff New Member

Any one had any experience of the open mic at the Ship? My mate said it's a tidy pub but I've never been there! Might have to check it out!