1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

New Year Blues

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Staypuff, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Urgh, what a depressing day, I'm in need of some positive vibes. What is there to look forward to in 2016?

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Mr Gary C

Mr Gary C Well-Known Member

Easter is early this year...end of March.

4. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

5. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Anything has to be better than 2015. I couldn't talk or sing for most of it which meant that I played like 3 gigs and dropped all of my paid music work. It's like being a normal person. I feel like Superman in Superman 2 when he gives up his powers only the starting as a normal person and going down to some stressed out caricature of myself with the voice of Orville the duck.. Stuck as a normal person sitting in an office becoming more and more annoyed. I'm not having that in 2016 **** that.

6. alfonse

alfonse Member

7. Rover

Rover Member

OK Staypuff, hang in there. Today I share your feelings. This gloomy weather certainly doesn't help. Now that I've told you how lousy I feel, perhaps we can explore some positive ideas. My first thought is that I'm sure the sun will rise tomorrow . Looking at the world news reminds me that there are lots of people a lot worse off that me-fact that I have the where-with-all to write this must count for something. I'm going to send a couple of notes to some people that I suspect are house bound due to our bad weather-Yes! I'll try to be more cheerful. Since I don't have a serious issue with my weight, I 'm going to do some serious cooking.

Staypuff likes this.
  8. Staypuff

Staypuff Active Member

Since writing my initial post we've lost Lemmie, David Bowie, Alan Rickman and Glen Frey, to name but a few, so things haven't gone well.

You're right, though, the sun keeps on rising and soon it will be Spring.