1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

New way to help promote Leeds Forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by MrTempleDene, Sep 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrTempleDene

MrTempleDene Just Me Staff Member

We now have a new way to help promote Leeds forum, you will see at the bottom of the first post on very thread a selection of buttons to let you share the thread with twitter, facebook, google+ and many more.

Please do use this, it will help bring more people onto the forum and encourage more discussion.

Forums are a better place to have long in depth discussions than facebook or twitter etc. , and with more Leeds people being made aware of us we can really build up a decent community.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. dervish99

dervish99 A Mod not a Rocker

good thing to do, especially if the thread has a livley interesting debate.

4. Derc

Derc New Member

Only a suggestion for forum users, to have a another box in the
    Forum Contents section to find the various forums.
    We only have 'Search Forums' which one has to type in a key word(s)
    to get to the forum that one requires.

'Forums available' pre printed, just to click on might be an idea
    sorry, as a newbie, if I'm being a pain.

with regards

5. MrTempleDene

If you click on "Home Page" or "Home" that will show you all the forum sections available.

Or have I missed your point?

6. Derc

Derc New Member

Thanks for your reply, after clicking 'Search Forums' I then
    clicked 'advanced search' which then found me the forums
    I was after. It must be me not reading the small print. :icon_eek:

Thank you

with regards,

D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
  7. Derc

Derc New Member

Thanks for your reply, after clicking 'Search Forums' I then
    clicked 'advanced search' which then found me the forums
    I was after. It must be me not reading the small print. :icon_eek:

After going thro advanced search and seeing the forums listed,
    I thought I would just have to highlight it and double click it or
    click search, no it still wants a keyword, so I type in Leeds,
    which I could have done in the initial basic search, is it me or is it pc's
    that speak different languages ? :icon_confused: Dobh !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
  8. bewerley

bewerley New Member

9. MrTempleDene

I think you have missed my point, and I am sorry I didn't spot this earlier.

Forget search, look at the top left, where it says "Home Page" click on that and you will get all the forum sections available to you. No need to go into "Search" to find them.

10. Derc

Derc New Member

I've got it now MrTD, thank you

11. halliclone

halliclone New Member

12. bewerley

bewerley New Member

This is a daily quiz which changes every day giving a league table and a monthly winner. Its not just a one off and if people enjoy it and get involved it increases regular traffic to the site.

13. Croggy

Croggy Cereal Forumer Staff Member

I'll play when I remember to!

14. bewerley

bewerley New Member

Thanks croggy. I hope it catches on. Its a bit of daily competition and exercises the grey matter
    I will post it under 'General' and see what happens.
    Good luck

15. Derc

Derc New Member

Just a thought, I subscribe to a 'Poultry' forum and they've got a system where
    members are given a rank ie: New, Full, Experienced, Senior, Hero member, along with stars, 1 - 5. I know it sounds a bit like 'Macdonald' badges for staff. I don't know how they base these 'ranks', maybe on the amount of useful or
    genuine, interesting topics, submitted or answered by members, including decent spelling and grammar, (not using show a preview), we all make errors of course. Along with more admonishments/encouragements from the moderators. I think it would help by way of a small reward, to enhance the forum. Even the moderators could hold rank, Local, Regional, National, UK, world. Perhaps it would make the forum a bit more zippy and less, as I heard from an experienced member, clunky.

16. Malky

Malky New Member

Great idea ………. Could we have coloured stars like when we were in the infants. :icon_lol:

17. halliclone

halliclone New Member

:hihi::hihi: Stop analysing and start posting you silly pillocks! :hihi::hihi::hihi::xmassmile: xx

18. Derc

Derc New Member

Aaaaw Ref, ! there's two comments for the sin bin, for starters. Can't you stop Malky's Santa dancing,? that would show him, to respec your authorataaa !
    Halli's reference to our tackle is not on, I think he'd been on the bevvy and looking for a brawl. I've a good mind not to post this, to put two fingers up.
    Merry Christmas everybody, I can talk to you, it's just them. :rocker:................................. :xmassmile:

19. Malky

Malky New Member

Another 8 days yet.

20. Derc

Derc New Member

Thats another thing, the RSPCA ought to be informed of the way you treat those poor reindeer, the snowman agrees, says its abominable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.