1. Welcome! Here you can discuss news, events and everything going on in Leeds. Looking to sign up or log in? Click here!

Movies about other dimensions/dimensional travel [VC?]

Discussion in 'Non-Music Chat' started by Black.Wire, Aug 26, 2014.

1. N Brown

N Brown New Member

If we are talking dimensions of da MIND not strictly space-time then Altered States by Ken Russell sorta fits the bill but you will have seen it Tom...always enjoyed that film, some very striking imagery in there.

Brainstorm by Douglas Trumbull maybe too, similar concept, saw it ages ago, remember it being ok plus Christopher Walken's in it.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. MarcPollitt84

MarcPollitt84 Well-Known Member

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Theres always every episode of Futurama too.

4. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

Love Altered States!

And because of that I'm gonna give Brainstorm a go.

Hope you're well mate.

5. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    The Adjustment Bureau? Its kinda meh though

6. bongobenny

bongobenny Well-Known Member

Back to the Future.

7. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY8311Q1KJ8[/youtube]

;) :D

8. blackfoxnorth

blackfoxnorth Member

9. bongobenny

That continuum looks good. Why don't people ever go to decent time periods in these things it's always future to modern day.....The absolute best thing in Timecop is the bit at the beginning when they go back to the American Civil War and that guy takes out 6 Confederate soldiers with a machine gun, and the bit where they go to the Wall Street Crash. The other bits involving the future and the present in Timecop are actually pretty shit.

10. MarcPollitt84

Favourite Bands:
    Two Gallants
    Army of Darkness

11. bongobenny

I own Army of Darkness but haven't seen it in about 10 years because my girlfriend refuses to watch 'scary films', and when she's asleep I always have something current to watch. I do need to get back around to watching the Evil Dead films. It's been too long. I have that new one also on DVD and haven't got around to watching it.

12. Lizisbest

Lizisbest New Member

Favourite Bands:
    Something Afro
    What about 'Cube'? The films budget is spent in the first five minutes but it's worth a watch

13. Black.Wire

Black.Wire Member

I liked Cube, despite it containing some of the worst acting I've ever seen in a film!

14. bongobenny

Worse than the love interest in Bloodsport or Willie in Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom?